Some ancient history....DJI F550 assistance please

mpk

I just dusted off my F550 - which flew - when I put it away years ago. But I just installed a zenmuse gimbal and gopro 3+ on it. It is all working properly (ie gimbal) but when I try to fly it it flips over to one side. I’ve checked motor direction and it is normal. The centre of gravity appears to be ok but it still flips onto one specific side. Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome as I’d like to see it fly again after making an investment in time etc. Thank you....mike

PS - I think I’ve had this problem before but can’t recal how I fixed it!

Jason S

make sure you do all the calibrations again. check fc straightness, make sure its not moving around also i cabletie mine down.

check in the software you still have set-up correctly and your getting full range of sticks also

mpk

Thanks Jason-I’ll walk through the alignments again. But I have to ask - what is the ‘fc’? Happy to tie wrap it down but I’m not sure what the acronym stands for.

Thanks again!

Jason S

search

FC stands for "flight controller"

I found the best was double side tape with a little sponge in it 2-3cm is ok. I actually havent flown my dji 450 since i flew it into a pole during fpv session. It was like it hit the self destruct button lol I dont trust the naza lite m at all.

mpk

Thanks again Jason.....I think that I’ve also found my problem.....I’ve tried a new way to figure out the centre of gravity. The gimbal has definitely thrown the 550 out of whack. Looking forward to using my Mavic Pro! Cheers

mpk

Still working on it. But am fairly certain that it is the centre of gravity. My challenge is to mount the battery in such a way that it equalizes the balance. I can balance the copter on a rig that I’ve put together but mounting the battery so that it is secured is proving to be a problem. The straps that I have are proving insufficient. Hoping to have air worthy by end of the week and will post something then. Stay tuned.

mpk

Got it to fly...the balance was the key. The installation of the gimbal readjusts the balance of the drone. The battery has to be adjusted to account for the gimbal. It drifts when it takes off so I’ll have to check the positioning adjustments and that should bring this to a close. Thanks all for your input!

Got it to fly...the balance was the key. The installation of the gimbal readjusts the balance of the drone. The battery has to be adjusted to account for the gimbal. It drifts when it takes off so I’ll have to check the positioning adjustments and that should bring this to a close. Thanks all for your input!

Nice idea i hope your problem will be fix so that you can take your flight