So I need opinions.

I"ve started to really enjoy flying my Hubsan x4 'Yes I know lol ' but i wanted to see how i would find flying it as I have cerebal palsy on one side of my body. So far its a great learning tool, somewhat like a possesed bee but very stable. The only control's i need to master over time are the left stick turning due to my somewhat lack of motor control on that hand.

However I see myself looking at 2 possible choices, The DJI Phantom rtf or build a Flamewheel f450 from kit & add tx/rx, naza controller & gps. I realise that the self build will cost aboout a third more than the rtf Phantom however I know I can upgrade & change components when I need to whereas the rtf I'm stuck with what came with it.

Whats every ones thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

Jim - I have never seen of flown a Phantom, however, I do have a 450 and 550. They are lots of fun and quite tough. If you are anything like me, you wont stop at the 450 either, you will move on to bigger, faster more capable machines. So, having the radio and learning it on the 450 would be nice. You can use that radio on future machines.

I have a right arm that doesnt work, though my right hand works ok. You can adapt and make things work for you. Key for me was the radio tray with hand rest. Might give one of those a try. Take care

ChrisViperM

Hello Jim

The Phantom is pretty new on the market, and nobody really knows what "child illnesses" it's got. On the other hand, the DJI F450 is a well known product and you got millions of options to upgrade it later. One option I personally like a lot is to transform the F450 with very little money to a TBC Discovery. Read more about here:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...co-lets-try-this-again&highlight=kloner+disco
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...ksheep-Discovery-build&highlight=kloner+disco

There is also a wealth of information and support for the F450 on the net. If you enjoy flying AND tinkering with your stuff (soldering, building, etc....) the F450 would be a great bird for you.

Chris