Sky Drone Pro Magazine

Steel100

Anyone come across this publication?

is it just a vehicle to sell some micro copter kits or, a genuine journal?

Must say, it would be good to have a UK journal for the industry.

Steel100

Yes, that's the one. I think that they are asking six or seven pounds for each copy. Perhaps, just me being overly cautious or cynical. Is it just a way to sell some micro kits? Anyone actually subscribed?

blades

80 issues @ £5.99 .... £480 quid give or take!!

I wonder who's doing the technical instruction? Perhaps one of the guru's on here?

Kilby

It is both a magazine and a way to sell copter parts. I've never seen a business model like this before, but the idea is that you get a certain amount of parts and instruction with each issue. When it's all done, you end up with a Hexa that carries a GoPro like action camera (not sure of the brand, but it's not GoPro). I don't think you get everything you need though. There has to be additional parts needed, I would have to imagine.

Have you seen it out in the shops yet? I've actually got a few photos that will be in upcoming issues. So far, they are only committed to doing the first 5 issues, and the fate of the project depends on how those first 5 are received.

Steel100

Not seen it in the shops yet. Major, national retailer WH Smith is not showing it as available. I think Blades is right, this is an expensive kit and what happens if they stop after just a few issues?

nigeld

Not seen it in the shops yet. Major, national retailer WH Smith is not showing it as available. I think Blades is right, this is an expensive kit and what happens if they stop after just a few issues?
i know its been a while since the last post but...
i have subscribed to this. i am a total newcommer to multi rotor things and thought this publication would give me a toe in the water. the first issue was due 26/2/14, i subscribed a day later. as of today nothing has been heard from the company. i have managed to chase a subscriber number. (number 8!) they havent taken any payments yet either. a bit disappointed so far. the publisher (eaglemoss) are behind a few big " buy it in bits" subscriptions, in fact i already use them for the 137 dr who dvds (so far) collection.
maybe they are waiting to see what the interest is. they even advertised it on sky tv (where i saw it).
wonder if any one on here has managed to gain any more info?

nigeld

Yeah some of the footage in the advert was from my early efforts...

the advert was effective as it got my attention!!!
shame the publisher appears to have shelved everything. still havent heard of any issues forthcoming.

may have to invest in a complete machine.....

htotheunit

Wowzers, I's b pulling my hair out if I got one arm for my hex each week. Appears as though it will take at least 8 months before a camera can be attached!