SBUS receiver with A2 - R7008SB with Futaba 14CG

roryhinds

I can't seem to get the A2 to see the RC signal on my SBUS receiver.

I have my R7008SB in Mode B with channel 8 being the SBUS port and I’ve plugged it into the A2 from 8/SB to X2 on the A2.
I’ve linked my 14SG to the R7008SB and have a solid green light and I’ve selected D-Bus in the A2 software but still I’m unable to get it to see an RC signal.

My Futaba 14SG is in FASSTest-14CH mode as I'll be using a telemetry for voltage.

As a test I tried connecting via the built-in receiver of the A2 in the usual FAST-Multi mode and disconnected my R7008SB receiver and that worked find so its just getting the A2 to see my SBUS R7008SB.

Anyone know if the trick to get it working?

Last edited by a moderator:

I just finished configuring one for a friend and there was simply a bit of confusion as to where to plug in to s.bus on the receiver (I thought there were 3 ports - got confused between channel 7 and 8)..... also I did not go to mode B. I think it was the same receiver, the one that comes with the Futaba T14SG xmitter.

ryancanon

I don't have any setup advice, but am curious. What functionality/benefit is gained using the r7008sb rx alongside A2, as opposed to just using the integrated rx?

roryhinds

anyone know how to get this working? I keep getting "RC lost" in the assistant even though I have a green light on my R7008SB receiver.
Do you have to link the R7008SB to the A2? How do you do this?

roryhinds

Solved my issue.
I wasn't doing the mode change correctly on the R7008SB receiver. You have to hold the link/mode bottom then power it up to get it into mode selection and select 2 blinking red led for Mode B then you have to press and hold down the mode bottom for 2 seconds to lock it into that mode, which is the step I was missing.

All good now, hopefully this info helps someone else.

Mojave

I can't seem to get the A2 to see the RC signal on my SBUS receiver.

I have my R7008SB in Mode B with channel 8 being the SBUS port and I’ve plugged it into the A2 from 8/SB to X2 on the A2.
I’ve linked my 14SG to the R7008SB and have a solid green light and I’ve selected D-Bus in the A2 software but still I’m unable to get it to see an RC signal.

My Futaba 14SG is in FASSTest-14CH mode as I'll be using a telemetry for voltage.

As a test I tried connecting via the built-in receiver of the A2 in the usual FAST-Multi mode and disconnected my R7008SB receiver and that worked find so its just getting the A2 to see my SBUS R7008SB.

Anyone know if the trick to get it working?

I have a 14SG but I decided to use a Futaba 8FG Super and the included receiver, changing the mode, with S-Bus on X2 to hedge my bets with all the issues that have been reported with the A2. I had some discussion with [MENTION=1417]kloner[/MENTION]; and he believes that the telemetry channels included with the 14SG may be causing communication issues with the A2 system. I am on my 7th test flight with the A2 and so far so good; I say with trepidation.