Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Run away drone!

Discussion in 'Beginners Drone Forum' started by Denver Davis, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Denver Davis

Denver Davis New Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Missouri
    Posted by Denver Davis, Jan 18, 2020 #1
    I have a fairly simple drone is called an f8 monster. I'm sure someone has seen it somewhere. I have taken it off about 19 times and at least 15 times has been fine. However I have had to take off twice to the left all by itself, just by hitting the automatic takeoff and I have tried the follow me app part and it decided to take off straight to the left instead of following me and go 175 m and crash into a tree, we're in early and the day it worked fine and actually did follow me. However it also was really acting like it couldn't find me the first time I tried it. When this happens I have no way of stopping it regardless of what Fail-Safe things I do whether it's return to home or using the sticks to control it or automatic land, so I don't get it.
    What are the possible things, reasons it is doing this?

Tags:
  2. Jason S

Jason S Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Japan
    Posted by Jason S, Jan 19, 2020 #2
    I am gonna say you had metal interference or some sort of gps trouble

3. Denver Davis

Denver Davis New Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Missouri
    Posted by Denver Davis, Jan 20, 2020 #3
    Ok, I will keep away from anything that looks like it's metal and take a good look at the GPS. I'm also going to take a good look at the Wi-Fi connection..# of bars I have, though I did have a good picture still viewing on my phone of the fact that it had landed in some leaves.We will see thanks Denver

4. MJW

MJW Member

Jan 30, 2020
    Washington State
    Posted by MJW, Jan 30, 2020 #4
    Another thing to check is pre-flight procedure, sometimes in a hurry to get airborne again a step isn't taken properly, like waiting for the transmitter to link with the drone, low transmitter batteries, not taking off from a level spot, not setting the drone flat when setting the gyro's, not letting it gather all the GPS satellites it needs if GPS is in the drone,