Rotor Concept HPQ1 Keeps Tipping While on Ground - VIDEO - Suggestions?

jacisme

I just got a Rotor Concept HPQ1. I've trimmed it out all the way to the various degrees possible, and it still wants to tip backwards, regardless of where I put the battery. In the video below I've got the battery shifted forward about 1/3 of the way overlapping under the camera (pushing the center of gravity way forwards). At the end of the video you can even see I let the battery fall forwards and dangle in the front, and it still wants to tip backwards. Any suggestions?

I know it's hard to see from the video, but I have trimmed it out as far as I can go. It helps, but ultimately it still wants to tip backwards significantly.

Thank you all in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuFxVaoe4wY&feature=youtu.be

naschr

I was wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem? I have just unpackaged my HPQ1 ( purchased at NAB 2013) and I am having exactly the same problem
thanks

jacisme

I was wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem? I have just unpackaged my HPQ1 ( purchased at NAB 2013) and I am having exactly the same problem
thanks

Still having the issues. Talked with Patrick a few weeks ago and he gave me some advice and taught me a bit. Played with it more but still unsuccessful. Sent him two more clips last week, planning on calling him today to discuss. Will report back.

Hqve you checked to make sure all of your motor/esc's are plugged in on the correct order on the flight controller? My buddy found out on a Naza if you have them in the wrong order it will do exactly this. Even though all motors and props are spinning the correct way. Its kinda a simple thing but worth double checking .

jacisme

Hqve you checked to make sure all of your motor/esc's are plugged in on the correct order on the flight controller? My buddy found out on a Naza if you have them in the wrong order it will do exactly this. Even though all motors and props are spinning the correct way. Its kinda a simple thing but worth double checking .

In the rotorconcept.com video it says the connections can be plugged into the ESC in any order on this particular device (HPQ1). Anyone have any guidance on the order on this HPQ1?

Electro 2

Barring something really idiotic, like props on wrong, it sounds like a bad gyro calibration to me. Whose FC are these guys using?? Most gyros cal at FC boot, any motion during the boot period, 5 seconds, or so, is cause for disaster. Wait to connect the second battery or whatever you're doing on the ground for a few after powering on, then try.

jacisme

Barring something really idiotic, like props on wrong, it sounds like a bad gyro calibration to me. Whose FC are these guys using?? Most gyros cal at FC boot, any motion during the boot period, 5 seconds, or so, is cause for disaster. Wait to connect the second battery or whatever you're doing on the ground for a few after powering on, then try.

Not sure what FC is on it, I could check tomorrow, but I do know that the gyros calibrate at startup, and the instructional video made it very clear that you need to keep it completely level and flat on the ground when you plug the battery in and start up. I've done that many times, and it's still acting the same. Any other ideas? Thanks for the tips so far everyone!