Rogue State Media - UK

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi everyone,

I'm Ben Kenobi from Rogue State Media. We've been providing full-time drone aerial filming and photography for a few years now in the UK and Europe.

Here's our latest showreel for 2016:

And our website: www.roguestatemedia.co

And thanks to this forum for being my main source of info from my very first flight until now! :)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Very nicely done Ben, great composition and not too much aerial in your aerials, just the way I like it!

jfro

Aerial Fun
Very nice. At 1:36, there is a building with walls and no roof. Is this being rebuilt, or is it just sitting there till it falls down or will it sit like that forever since it's stone?

Benjamin Kenobi

Very nice. At 1:36, there is a building with walls and no roof. Is this being rebuilt, or is it just sitting there till it falls down or will it sit like that forever since it's stone?

Hey mate. It's called Lyveden New Bield. It's well maintained by the National Trust. It was a folly that was never completed. They are slowly completing it (money is an issue of course).

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! :) I'm not a great video editor so this took quite a bit of hair pulling for a couple of days.

SamaraMedia

Nicely done Ben! I see you now list the Freefly ALTA as one of your platforms along with the S900 and Inspire. What percentage of this reel was from each rig? I know you're a big GH4 fan on the S900, is that what you use on the ALTA as well? Wonderful single op skill, keep up the great work!

Thanks,

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Nicely done Ben! I see you now list the Freefly ALTA as one of your platforms along with the S900 and Inspire. What percentage of this reel was from each rig? I know you're a big GH4 fan on the S900, is that what you use on the ALTA as well? Wonderful single op skill, keep up the great work!

Thanks,

John

Hey John,

It's mostly from the S900/GH4, there's the odd S800/GH2 clip in there from last year. Mostly one-man, the BMW is two-man. I mostly do two-man ops now.

The ALTA is still in the testing phase, needs quite a bit of tuning first. Flies quite differently than a DJI FC, smoother and more fluid in the air. The MIMIC is just fantastic! It revolutionises camera operating!

@BogotaMatt Sorry for deleting your post, you can start a new thread for your showreel (that's how this section works :) )