RoboCat 270 Project DIY - All You need for build your one!

_sOnGoKu_

Hi dronevibes friends, I'd like to share my experience in the construction of my first racing drone.
I've never assembled one before, (so everything is a surprise for me) to get started in the world
of drones and after make some search, in my opinion this kit is a perfect base for it.

In this thread i will adding the 3D printable improvements that go specifically designed for this model all ready Done:

3d Power PCB Support model

Future improvements:
Led light for Tail / Nose, Camera Supports ,GPS Supports, Battery holder

RD8AhVW.png

This RoboCat 270 kit has been courtesy of Gearbest guys, one serious and very big website were
you can both for setting up your DIY drone or to get yours already assembled from factory and soo on.
Thank you all you guys!! you are Awesome!!

skdM8nU.png

Back to the drone , this thread includes actually all you need for assemble your Drone.
here you can see the components i use in this project and all the tech spec:

Carbon fiber Quadcopter Frame
Marspower 2204 Motors x4

Propeller 5030 x4
CC3D flight controller
power distribution board
Lipo LiFe Low Voltage Buzzer Alarm
12A motor ESC

Battery 2200mAh 11.1V 30C Lipo
Transmitter
Charger compatible
kit with some parts

This RoboCat feels very balanced from beginning, against other equivalent others, this has very good reputation for its
fine stability of flight and response. Easy to drive and assemble in a simple beautiful line. For all that reasons it has been selected to start this project.

t2APuUv.png

Also is fully upgradeable one of the things because i love it.
This means little by little you will be able to add more things to your drone, to leave it as you like...
GPS, FPV, 3D Print improvements, etc..

Carbon fiber chassis feels rugged, lightweight. It has a thickness of 1.5mm thick fuselage and 3mm thick arms for better support
the power from motors .
In the videos you can see a fast assemble and all parts received in a single pass.

nv8Ao5g.png

Hardware is very easy to identify it comes with not instructions, but however leave an image that came to me very well for the Assembly of the Robo.
v9i8aZu.jpg

Patience at the time to assembly It is also recommended, above all if it is the first time that you mount something,
you do it somewhere quiet, with enough space to see all parts and work in a comfortable area.

I had never build one before and it took about 30 hours (counting tests and other surprises along the way).

I don't think that required any technical special knowledge to come out all right, perhaps more complicated for some of the mounted,
may be it welds with Tin (but is very easy with a little of practice)

Here you can see clearly as they have to go the engine welded to the ESC,
so two rotate in clockwise direction and the other two to the contrary.

rHwEV1H.png

These engines can get to spin very fast, certainly for this drone are more than enough. A touch of throttle and shoots out the drone.

The advantage of these motors and brushless is that friction is minimal. Which translates into better performance and less maintenance.

I've see that many of the people who assemble this kit say that power PCB, does not work for this model.

This is not entirely correct, I've been able to fit it perfectly, including the two frames carbon fiber which includes the chassis.

The trick is cut to size. This Power PBC is also made as an octocopter, (but we are not going to use those connections) Then the best way to go is cut.

Ub3d9vu.png

To secure the power PCBto the chassis, I designed a piece that fits perfectly with this board model and fixed with screws to the chassis of the RoboCat.

sxAvPfh.png

On the next floor of the drone, we have the battery compartment, I've chosen one of 30C / 3S, giving power for 10 or 12 minutes of flight.

In future 3D improvements shure i make some support for quick battery replacement.

1fSmpRm.png

The only problem that I found when installing the control flight CC3D, is that I was able to integrate the anti-vibration support that comes in the Kit.

A layer above, we have the CC3D, has captivated me, super simple to set up, has been to connect it by usb to the ground station,
and in less than 10 minutes to have everything set up and ready to fly.

lgvlxDB.png

Think it is advisable to protect from vibration everything we can this Board, but I have been unable.
At the end what I did was stick it to the middle frame, as shown in the videos:

xg8V6fo.png

The software of this flight controller is based on "librepilot" open source so it is perfect to configure it as you need.

Depending on your level of rider, you can start softer and not broke your drone while learning to fly.

once you already take more esperience is going to be easy to modify the parameters of your Robocat and load more aggressive flight configs on your CC3D board.

For more information about Librepilot see this link

jtZkb5D.png

Connected to the CC3D I have the receiver and Transmitter Sky Fly FS T6, with a simple wiring per channel and protected by the external housing feline line from this model.

On the right side, I had to drill a little the side plastic protection, since it could not connect the ESC drivers.

In my conclusion, this drone i believe that it can make dreams reality of anyone interested in started in the world of the drains with a serious model and quality.

Not be mistaken when I say is also a drone for starters, this dorne has a RACING spirit in all parts of his body and configured in an aggressive flight mode,
it can be very very fast..

I have learned to fly dornes with it , i steel no too much good, but 100% recommend for start, is easy to Fly and config.
I can help with the basic configuration from the Transmitter and the CC3D flightboard.

Message me if you have trubles.

-------------------------
Here you can se the unboxing video

Here a Timelap from the construction

Thanks for watching!

Last edited:

_sOnGoKu_

i have recived some new Propellers for use they with my Robocat 270, 3 diferent types, 3-blace Nylon , normal Colored ABS and carbon fiber one :)

benoit347

hi my name's benoit i live in france, i'm beginner in multirotor flight.
i've received last week my robocat 270 from ali express it is supposed to be rtf but i can't use it ... the fc is a srp f3 and radio system is devo 7 i've correctly bind the tx to the rx, tested it with a servo every rx plug respond to a command on the tx , but after i've plugged the wires from io connector the only response i get is the red led of the fc which light as i push throttle at the top and right stick on the top right corner or left down corner (in the same time) , i can't even run the motors can you help me to fix this issue please

Last edited:

_sOnGoKu_

hi friend, my one was not a RTF one, my one have a diferent brain. the CC3D ,really simple to config. but i belive the steps will be really similar. COnect it to the computer and start the config from cero. A greeting

benoit347

hi thanks for your reply, since i've posted my thread i succeed in connecting the robocat to cleanflight, try to tune it up. now i can arm the motors, i've almost set the tx sticks values and as i try to take off the multi does a front flip??? i'm not sure about the tx setting , the different ways (yaw pitch roll) do not seem to be well tuned ???

benoit347

i'm connected to cleanflight right now, when i lean the multi'forward, on the screen he rolls on the left when i lean it backward,he rolls on the right ???? i have calibrate accelerometer only roll is 0.1 ... i've armed the motors push the throttle up and when i arrive at 21% the multi starts movingfrom side to side at 22/23% it is on the roof???

Last edited:

_sOnGoKu_

i'm connected to cleanflight right now, when i lean the multi'forward, on the screen he rolls on the left when i lean it backward,he rolls on the right ???? i have calibrate accelerometer only roll is 0.1 ... i've armed the motors push the throttle up and when i arrive at 21% the multi starts movingfrom side to side at 22/23% it is on the roof???
hi friend benoit347 hope you have it fliing naw, that looks like just abad config. try to play with the PID setings. happy to ear you got it at end on the air. a greeting