Replacing the NAZA unit with NAZA lite

roblysak

Hi guys, I am replacing the NAZA on my Phantom 1 and my question is, can i replace it with the NAZA lite? My friend has a brand new one and they look 100% identical other than one saying "LITE" on it.

kloner

Aerial DP
they don't have an imu heater and i think the gyro/acclerometer is lesser quality....... if you get one, make sure to let it sit powered up 5-10 minutes before your first flight. they act all goofy when there cold, taking off in atti can have a lot of different results than your used to with a v.2 or even v.1 with the latest firmwares. all the red ones tend to not self level all the time as well as v.2 does but v.1 will let it go faster if you push it to it's limits

the lites sure have gotten cheap, i saw a controller only the other day at a store for $89, might have been less, i remember double taking it but it's just not something i'd use.... v.2, got a pile of them

roblysak

they don't have an imu heater and i think the gyro/acclerometer is lesser quality....... if you get one, make sure to let it sit powered up 5-10 minutes before your first flight. they act all goofy when there cold, taking off in atti can have a lot of different results than your used to with a v.2 or even v.1 with the latest firmwares. all the red ones tend to not self level all the time as well as v.2 does but v.1 will let it go faster if you push it to it's limits

the lites sure have gotten cheap, i saw a controller only the other day at a store for $89, might have been less, i remember double taking it but it's just not something i'd use.... v.2, got a pile of them

Thanks Kloner, so I can use it but sounds like a downgrade! You also said that "i should let it sit powered for 5 to 10 minutes before my first flight"...just the initial first flight, or all flights? And if i decided to get v.2 where would you recommend?
Thanks for the advice as well!

kloner

Aerial DP
you would want to warm it up if you let it cool..... so if you fly a pack an hour thatd be every flight.... if you hot swap packs and fly back to back you could skip warming it up....also depends how cold it is outside to let the thing actualy cool... so mileage may vary. it's not something you can feel physically till it's affecting the flight charecteristic in flight

the one i was around was super touchy around lift off cold... it'd pop up and was fine, but if i let em warm up it flew normal off the ground....