Replacing bearings in T-Motors GB85-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO280fx

I have a heavy camera gimbal that gradually became un-tune-able (unmanageable high frequency vibrations in the pitch axis). I pulled the motors today and it's now obvious why - the pitch motor bearing is crunchy and grinding. Surprisingly, it wasn't making any noise or giving any physical indications of a bad bearing when mounted and under the load of the camera. I just couldn't get the darn thing smooth! Is it possible to swap the bearings out of this motor or am I stuck with buying a new one? I see bearings for many T-Motors but can't find it for the GB85-1.

Also, while I had the gimbal apart I pulled the roll motor as well. I had a *cough* "hard landing" many months ago which tweaked the gimbal pretty severely. The roll stabilization has continued to perform beautifully, but I did notice that there's a slight bit of slop in the motor housing along the vertical axis, which makes sense because of the hard vertical impact. (ie. by squeezing, I can manipulate the width of the gap in the housing along the axis where it was mounted vertically, but it's rock solid across the horizontal axis). Unsure of the internal mechanics of these motors, but would that be a bent shaft or what? Is this something I can fix or should I relegate this motor to the spares box?

Thanks in advance,
JMc

Status
Not open for further replies.