AerialMediaPros.com RED EPIC AV200 and new SKYLINE RSGS GYROS arrived today at Aerial Media Pros :)

I had been talking with Kimberly about a tray for the Red Epic at the NAB show in Vegas. I wanted to get a Tray to support the Epic, along with the fully tested and production model Skyline gyro, built and tested before a large movie shoot taking place this month. Well, it has been a decent wait. But I am very stoked to have my hands on the latest from Kimberly. I can not be more pleased with the Build quality. As always, everything is top notch. The new tray to mount our Epic is very beefy to say the least. I will be setting this up and testing the EPIC, on one of our new Skyjib rigs within the next week or so. I will post some results as the Build and set up progresses. In the mean time, here are a few pics. I currently have a few of the Production Skylines in Stock. Email me at aerialmediapros@yahoo.com if interested in one. I will be adding them to my website soon.

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

hjls3

looks awesome. seems you need to be careful with the power going to that board (6v max). watched video of it working and it looks amazing. Would that be nice addition to a AV130 - T2i - Naza? Seems the board is capable of covering up for quite a bit on the FC and smooth flying (or lack there of).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Cee

looks awesome. seems you need to be careful with the power going to that board (6v max). watched video of it working and it looks amazing. Would that be nice addition to a AV130 - T2i - Naza? Seems the board is capable of covering up for quite a bit on the FC and smooth flying (or lack there of).

I have an AV200, but I'm still trying to figure out how to work the thing...

Can I use a 7.4V 2S with a BEC to regulate the voltage? (If so, where can I obtain such a BEC?) I only have 3.7V and 7.4V batteries... Or is there an easier way?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up AMP. that tray looks like the one that cam on mine as standard but silver rather then black, what is the thickness.

I just wish they would make the wiring easier to neaten up.

Here is my solution

attachment.php

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Can I use a 7.4V 2S with a BEC to regulate the voltage? (If so, where can I obtain such a BEC?) I only have 3.7V and 7.4V batteries... Or is there an easier way?

Aye Up Jay

castle creations make a programmable BEC or there are a few others that will do 5.5/6.5 volts. This means you can use your main flight packs rather then add additional batteries.

Dave

Skyjib Octocopter with Red Epic Top Mount

Hi Jay,

I use a small 3S with a 6v BEC to power the Skyline and receiver. I use 360 so I didnt want wired coming from my main flight packs. Small lipo with BEC works great for me. We also carry the new AV200 Up Armour kits, which are available here.
The Up Armour Kits allow you to mount Bec, and batteries a lot easier to the AV200.

As for the Silver Camer tray in the photo up top. That was a prototype that Photohigher sent me. I needed to get the Epic in the Air quick, so they sent me that. I have since swapped it out with a new Top Mount from PH. We use these on all our RED builds now.

ReadytoflySkyjibwithRedEpicAerialhelicopteroctocopterrentalmarked.jpg

Jay Cee

Hi Jay,

I use a small 3S with a 6v BEC to power the Skyline and receiver. I use 360 so I didnt want wired coming from my main flight packs. Small lipo with BEC works great for me. We also carry the new AV200 Up Armour kits, which are available here.
The Up Armour Kits allow you to mount Bec, and batteries a lot easier to the AV200.

As for the Silver Camer tray in the photo up top. That was a prototype that Photohigher sent me. I needed to get the Epic in the Air quick, so they sent me that. I have since swapped it out with a new Top Mount from PH. We use these on all our RED builds now.

Hi AMP,

What BEC are you using with your 3S batt?