Reading settings / logs help

PhillNZ

He tangata ki tahi
3DR pixhawk & tarot650 build

Can I ask if someone here could help with reading a couple of short flight logs

Reason being, I've over the last doz or so flights tweaked my advanced settings and felt I had my tarot650 flying well, today I tried out the autotune (as u do!) and the settings changed quite significantly. I followed the methodology of saving the settings and checked them via APM and was quite surprised at the differences, I then decided to take it for a short flight (and it was) to test before perhaps changing them back.

PIDS as below v3.1

Rate Roll Rate Pitch
Before: After: Before: After:
P: 0.1750 0.1000 0.1750 0.2500
I: 0.1650 0.1000 0.1650 0.2500
D: 0.0080 0.0020 0.0080 0.0150
IMAX 500.0 same same same

now looking at the Autotune settings they should have set off alarm bells I'm thinking? however I did a short flight after doing the autotune and whilst it felt a little less responsive didn't show anything that I thought was extreme.

Decided to test fly on the new settings again before perhaps changing back and result was get airborne change to althold, and within a short time things got interesting a roll wobble developed and continued to worsen until I powered off and experienced an uncontrolled decent which ended as these things do.

I guess as I have little experience with this I would like to discover whether the settings were the cause of the loss of control of whether something else happened coincidentally

I do have the logs downloaded via APM but not sure on how to load them up.

thanks
phill

Last edited by a moderator:

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Hi Phil, I'm not an expert on Autotune, but it does look like something went wrong there. Is there any reason your frame would respond asymmetrically? Maybe the way the batteries are mounted? Do you have a camera and gimbal installed? I would expect normally the roll and pitch numbers would be the same, or at least pretty close. If you have more than a 50% difference between the roll and pitch numbers, they I'd think something is wrong.