RCtimer carbon props - latest batch = rubbish?

Just got a batch of 8 1455" CF props from RCtimer - I had a batch before, but I...errrr...."end of lifed" them. They were ok props actually - I'd have preferred T-motors, but hey ho - these worked fine.

Until I got the new batch of 8. All 8 were *massively* out of balance. I just flung them on to do a compassmot in APM, and they practically shook my hex apart!

I've just spent 2 hours balancing them, and used about 8 sheets of sandpaper in the process. You expected to do some balancing...but good lord, this was a nightmare. You can even feel in your hand they are unbalanced. There is CF dust everywhere (uh oh!). Both blades and hubs were out. A frikkin nightmare.

Anyone else having issues with recent RCtimer CF props being *vey* out of balance?

Last edited by a moderator:

CdA D

I bought some awhile back and didn't have an issue getting them balanced. I don't sand them. If the hub needs to be altered I add some JB weld to the hub and then use some electrical tape on blade to balance. I do clean the blades before adding the tape. I have over 50 flights and have not had any problems with the tape. The tape is folded over the leading edge. This is quick and easy. I also do a gentle flex/twist check befor I balance the props to be sure that there is no separation with the resin and cloth.