RCT800 Build...First time build

2aenozk.jpg

vdd2r.jpg

JDFelosi

Bumblebee, i am planning a build similar to yours, i don't have a frame yet as i'm still undecided. i do have my motors and esc's though, i have 6 scorpion 4010-360kv and 6 scorpion 25amp esc's, these are just to test/play with i will be switching to some hv esc's soon. also going to use my trusty apm 2.6 for now.
how are you liking those 3 blade props? what size are they?
gotta say your build looks awesome!

Bumblebee, i am planning a build similar to yours, i don't have a frame yet as i'm still undecided. i do have my motors and esc's though, i have 6 scorpion 4010-360kv and 6 scorpion 25amp esc's, these are just to test/play with i will be switching to some hv esc's soon. also going to use my trusty apm 2.6 for now.
how are you liking those 3 blade props? what size are they?
gotta say your build looks awesome!

Hi JDFelosi - Thanks! The 3 blade setup are using DJI 1552 props with KDEDirect triple prop adapters, they equal out to a 15inch prop. I like the 3 props cause they are super stable in high winds and super smooth/quiet. They are on the softer side though but! Because its 3 blades, it has the thrust output of a 16inch prop. I'm getting pretty good flight times with the amount of weight I have on board. Fully loaded (with a 5000mah aux lipo uptop, gimbal, and camera), im getting about 14 minutes with a single 10,000mah. If I run dual 10,000mah batteries, im getting about 22-23 minutes of flight time.

I plan to upgrade my frame because this frame is fun but its a bit on the heavier side and traveling with it is kind of a pain (cant fold arms). I plan to give this frame to my brother so he can mess with it. Going to put cheaper components so he can learn off it. If you have haven't picked your frame yet, I would highly recommend a Tarot T810. The T810 will be the frame I am transferring everything over too. Good luck with your build! :)

JDFelosi

Also meant to ask what is your AUW without LiPos and camera if u don't mind for my calculations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk