Rapid Green Light

funkjan

Is there any chance this could be a bad compass calibration? I had a similar result with a failed compass calibration. I had a good fix on the ground but after take off it would not stay in GPS mode and would revert to Alti.

Could you imagine (just setup my first WKM - not flown yet), that, when I get nothing else than green light indication from my led - this could happen, because it did no compass calibration yet? (It was raining the whole day)

and also - even if I have setup a working 3-mode switch, what turns the according field (GPS,ATTI,MANUAL) blue while moving in Wookong Assistant 2.0.2 - in the bottom line (black close to the blue and green status lights) of the WKM Assistant it shows only the MANUAL or ATTI position, but not GPS - all because I did not calibrate my compass??

DJI wiki says for LED green flashing - IMU signal lost, but when I remove the can bus plug from the IMU green light is flashing more rapidly than it does in my case.

Thx for help

Jan

P.S.: Sorry can't resist - everybody says DJI is so plug & play compared to MK for ex., but to be forced to interprete all problems through LED indications - no word about missing compass calibration in the assistant?? - not very user friendly?

What causes green flashing light

Could you imagine (just setup my first WKM - not flown yet), that, when I get nothing else than green light indication from my led - this could happen, because it did no compass calibration yet? (It was raining the whole day)

and also - even if I have setup a working 3-mode switch, what turns the according field (GPS,ATTI,MANUAL) blue while moving in Wookong Assistant 2.0.2 - in the bottom line (black close to the blue and green status lights) of the WKM Assistant it shows only the MANUAL or ATTI position, but not GPS - all because I did not calibrate my compass??

DJI wiki says for LED green flashing - IMU signal lost, but when I remove the can bus plug from the IMU green light is flashing more rapidly than it does in my case.

Thx for help

Jan

P.S.: Sorry can't resist - everybody says DJI is so plug & play compared to MK for ex., but to be forced to interprete all problems through LED indications - no word about missing compass calibration in the assistant?? - not very user friendly?

Jan, there are 3 things that can cause green flash on the aircraft LED (All the following applies for WKM versions up to 5.22 - I don't know about later versions than that).
1. Setting Home Lock or POI position, which is a sequence of 4 (I think) fast flashes. This will be quite obvious, and will happen when you select the appropriate mode.
2. The famous 'IMU signal lost' indication, which I've never seen and doubt many other people have either. Unlikely.
3. 1st level voltage protection, indicated by LED. This is also a fast green flash, although unfortunately, the DJI documentation doesn't say this anywhere.

I'd be 99% certain that your green flash is because your 1st level voltage protection is set too sensitive (i.e. too HIGH). The voltage from the batteries will drop as the flight progresses (obviously) and also under violent maneuvering or climbing (because of that extra amperage flowing through the battery's resistance). So you'd expect to see this warning if you apply full power towards the end of a flight.

funkjan

Jan, there are 3 things that can cause green flash on the aircraft LED (All the following applies for WKM versions up to 5.22 - I don't know about later versions than that).
1. Setting Home Lock or POI position, which is a sequence of 4 (I think) fast flashes. This will be quite obvious, and will happen when you select the appropriate mode.
2. The famous 'IMU signal lost' indication, which I've never seen and doubt many other people have either. Unlikely.
3. 1st level voltage protection, indicated by LED. This is also a fast green flash, although unfortunately, the DJI documentation doesn't say this anywhere.

I'd be 99% certain that your green flash is because your 1st level voltage protection is set too sensitive (i.e. too HIGH). The voltage from the batteries will drop as the flight progresses (obviously) and also under violent maneuvering or climbing (because of that extra amperage flowing through the battery's resistance). So you'd expect to see this warning if you apply full power towards the end of a flight.

Will check that later over the WE - anyway thx for your reply!

iceman

Would this not be a rapid amber LED for 1st level followed by red 2nd level?

iceman

If green LED looks yellow then how would you know for sure that you are in attitude mode, perhaps some users have a faulty LED, it's possible as there are obviously 3 LEDs in one (RGB) if one of LEDs goes off you would get the wrong mix. Only problem with this is that yellow or amber is made up of a mix of red and green!!! So check you have red LED

Last edited by a moderator:

monil

I have same problem with green light but it show repide green light when battery is low i dont know why instead of red it shows green light any one has same problem ??
EVO 800 with A2 Futaba remote