Racerstar RSPLUS2205 2300kv Motors & RS2205 2700kv Motors Review: Thrust Tests and Flight Tests

danq0

It seems like Racerstar appeared out of no where, I didn't start hearing about them until just a month or 2 ago, and now they have a pretty wide line up of motors, ranging in multiple sizes and multiple versions: (BR, RF, RS, RS Plus)

I have before me the RacerStar RS2205 in 2300kv and 2700kv. First impressions alone, they feel like very very high quality motors. Bearings feel very smooth, excellent construction allows for zero up and down or side to side play. They used very thick windings on these motors, I would assume they should be able to take heat very well. In addition to the obvious high quality construction, I took a quick look inside the bells and see balancing mud. So definitely a high quality motor, that should perform comparable to other more expensive motors: (DYS, Emax, Cobra)

Initially I thought the RS and RSPlus motors were the same, just different kv ratings, but in actuality they are quite different. The two motors share in that they are both 2205 sized motors, but the commonalities stop there. The design of the motors, both front and rear bells are completely different, the plus series has detachable motor wires, while the non plus has nearly 8inches of connected motor wire. Both motors feel very durable and high quality. I imagine the these things are going to be very smooth and very powerful, I can not wait to test them out on my little 210 quadcopter.

RS2205 PLUS 2300KV
a9287516-8-IMG_5099.jpg

-Hollow drive shaft
-detachable wires
-Thick windings
-Balanced bell
-Approximately 30rgams
similar to the DYS SE2205

Thrust Test

Even though the shaft broke in half in my crash, I think in a normal crash it would be fine. I think whenever there is metal to metal impacts the motor is always going to lose, no matter what motor you have lol. Would the shaft have survived if it was solid? maybe, but would it matter if the rest of your motor was smashed in.

For the handful of flights I was able to use these motors in, I was completely happy with the way they performed. They were smooth as silk, responsive, and powerful. In addition, they were barely warm after flying it hard.

There is one problem I see with these motors, and that is the price. At $16.29 a motor, that's less than a dollar savings, as compared with the DYS SE2205's. I don't see too many people picking these up at the price they are at right now.

RS2205 2700KV
a9287538-68-IMG_5147.jpg

-Solid shaft
-NOT detachable motor wires, but includes almost 8inches of wire
-Thick windings
-Balanced Bell
-Approximately 28grams

Similar to cobra cm2204

VIDEOS:
Quick Flight test w/amp draw test

To be continued...