Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Racerstar RS30A 30A on a S500 Quad Build?

Discussion in 'Drone Electronics' started by Upchukar, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Upchukar

Upchukar New Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Utah
    Posted by Upchukar, Nov 26, 2016 #1
    Good morning everyone,

I am building my first quad, a S500, and I purchased the Racerstar RS30A from Banggood. Now that I have them and starting build my quad I am a bit unsure if they are the proper ESCs for a 500 size quad. I am running Emax 2216 935kv motors. Will these ECSs work on a large quad or should they only be used for a 250 race type quad? Thanks

2. theGreenOrange

theGreenOrange Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Louisiana
    Posted by theGreenOrange, Nov 26, 2016 #2
    Check the motor spec sheet for max current for the prop size you will be using. My guess is that it would be OK on 3S battery, but I have a hunch motor current may be too high if you try to use 4S. But best check the chart to be sure.

3. Upchukar

Upchukar New Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Utah
    Posted by Upchukar, Nov 26, 2016 #3
    Thanks Green Orange. Yes the amps are correct. My motors actually call for a 20ap esc. Is that the only ctiteria? These ESCs are really small.

4. theGreenOrange

theGreenOrange Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Louisiana
    Posted by theGreenOrange, Nov 26, 2016 #4
    Yep, should be fine if the amp rating is within the ESC max. Most of the good ones are small now, except KISS maybe.