Quick Release A/V Gel Plate

BlueAero

I'm currently in the middle of a build for a Vulcan X8 Black Widow. The frame and kit I bought does not include the Quick Release A/V Gel Plate. I am doing aerial photography and I am assuming that this is a fairly important piece.

I was given this link by a sales rep. at Addictive RC: http://www.addictiverc.com/store/ag...098.30427&p_id=V-QRGEL-DJI&xm=on#.Veho6tNVhBd

However, I am worried it is not the correct one. It does not have a size listed and it also mentions DJI. Any thoughts on this or does anyone know if this is the correct plate that I am supposed to have?

Thanks

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I love the Vulcan frames, but for me, the accessories are over the top, price wise. While they use high quality gels, the same function can be accomplished with other products. It's basically a dampener plate.

The instructions for the plate you linked can be found here: http://www.vulcanuav.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/VULCAN-Anti-Vibration-Gel-Plate-Guide-V1.1.pdf

Also, I had the Vulcan QR plate (no gels) and those butterfly knobs snapped like a twig. I was refused the single part and they wanted me to pay $35/each for replacements of the entire clamping mechanism. I replaced them with a nice quality replacement from a camera accessory shop - and they were cheaper and more functional.

Good luck with the build. I think you'll really like the quality of the Black Widow.

BlueAero

Thank you for the replies guys. Infinity MR is the gimbal we are using.
I ended up purchasing the plate because I pretty much only saw people's pictures of theirs with the plate, and I got paranoid my shots might turn out jello-ee.

One more question, does anyone have a guide they found that helped with the build. I am sure we can finish the build without one plus the details we have found online, however, it always feels better to have something guiding you along a bit during the build.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You're talking about a build instruction for the frame itself? I'm not sure that Vulcan has one - but they are pretty good about getting bck to you - shoot them an email.

I'm not sure if the gel plate is meant to be used with, or instead of a dampener plate. If you got the dampener plate with the Infinity gimbal, I would double check to see if people are doubling up on the damping.

BlueAero

Hmm alright. I may have jumped the gun, but it may become useful.

And okay, I will email them. Thanks everybody!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The key is that the one you purchased has the gel. This I believe is meant to replace typical barrel style dampers. So you may need to figure out a way to attach the Infinity to this piece - in a way that takes advantage of the dampers.

Let us know how it goes.

I fly a Vulcan Black Widow with the Vulvan QR gel damper plate and an InfinityMR gimbal. I have not yet needed to use the damper system provided with the gimbal. I have my batteries, landing gear and gimbal hanging from the rails under the Vulcan damper plate, and the damper plate works exellent. I get absolutly no vibration to the gimbal.

The combo you are getting is nithing less than awsome! Good luck :)