question about capturing a picture to all you AP guys

Hey there, I am getting my self a nex5n for regular use and to throw on my gimbal for pic and vid aside from my wide angle gopro video that im getting tired of.... Question is how do I organize taking pictures, do i need a remote shutter setup of somesort? all new to me just dont want 500 pictures like the go pro brings down

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I think my Gentled is dysfunctional because all it does is take 2 second interval shots. I thought it was supposed to be trigger-able but if power is applied to it only has this one mode. Truthfully it is kinda nice though as it is one less thing to worry about when flying.

ill likely try the gentles suggestion thanks guys, im not a fine electronics soldering guru lol... I can solder all on 16 guage all day long though haha. For the IR setup do you guys just run it aff an auxilary channel and setup a switch? I could use Aux1 on my ar8000 and map it to one of my switches

Paul@scc

I think my Gentled is dysfunctional because all it does is take 2 second interval shots. I thought it was supposed to be trigger-able but if power is applied to it only has this one mode. Truthfully it is kinda nice though as it is one less thing to worry about when flying.
I have mine on a two position switch. Toggle the switch to take a pic or flip the switch and it will take a pic every few seconds.

Paul@scc

ill likely try the gentles suggestion thanks guys, im not a fine electronics soldering guru lol... I can solder all on 16 guage all day long though haha. For the IR setup do you guys just run it aff an auxilary channel and setup a switch? I could use Aux1 on my ar8000 and map it to one of my switches
That should work fine. I had to adjust my subtrim on the assigned switch. No soldering needed.

Anywhere un US or Canada to grab one of those lights? Google left me empty handed when i searched

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Nex5n is discontinued. What another good option at that price point in a lighter weight dslr type?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk