QAV500 Rebuild...What should I do? New ESC's? or new FC? or new platform?

Cswann821

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some opinions...
Back Story:
Started to fly my QAV500 again, with an old DJI Naza M v2 FC w/gps, OSD,(I use the platform for slow gopro video, and was hoping to place a gopro gimbal on it) ...Had a mid flight loss of control with some cheap replacement no-name SimonK esc's burning out on me (imo) ...in flight and / or due to some RF interference running 2.4radio and 1.3 vtx , later to realize that my Low pass filter was on the Vrx and NOT my Vtx. (smacked head).

So I have my quad apart and ready to install some new esc's...and or a new FC? As far as price comparisons... I've come up with the following possible options...just not sure which to go with...so what would you do?

Option 1:
Keep the no longer supported, DJI Naza M v2. But Purchase some better quality ESC's like castle creations...for 100.00usd.

Option 2:
Ditch the Naza M v2. and use an already owned set of BL_Heli_S esc's (I can't switch these to PWM through blhelisuite, which Naza needs).... Buy a MicroVector ($100-$150 w/gps) or regular Vector (not sure if the regular vector accepts Multishot or at least oneshot.

Option 3:
Don't place any more funds into this platform anymore (shelf it)...and just get a DJI Maverick Pro...or probably more likely wait for the Maverick 2 which should be announced soon. I'm probably gonna get one to be honest due to its portability to bring on trips with the family either way. But I still want my QAV500, being a larger and probably more stable in higher winds.

Thoughts on going with option 1 or 2?

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some opinions...
Back Story:
Started to fly my QAV500 again, with an old DJI Naza M v2 FC w/gps, OSD,(I use the platform for slow gopro video, and was hoping to place a gopro gimbal on it) ...Had a mid flight loss of control with some cheap replacement no-name SimonK esc's burning out on me (imo) ...in flight and / or due to some RF interference running 2.4radio and 1.3 vtx , later to realize that my Low pass filter was on the Vrx and NOT my Vtx. (smacked head).

So I have my quad apart and ready to install some new esc's...and or a new FC? As far as price comparisons... I've come up with the following possible options...just not sure which to go with...so what would you do?

Option 1:
Keep the no longer supported, DJI Naza M v2. But Purchase some better quality ESC's like castle creations...for 100.00usd.

Option 2:
Ditch the Naza M v2. and use an already owned set of BL_Heli_S esc's (I can't switch these to PWM through blhelisuite, which Naza needs).... Buy a MicroVector ($100-$150 w/gps) or regular Vector (not sure if the regular vector accepts Multishot or at least oneshot.

Option 3:
Don't place any more funds into this platform anymore (shelf it)...and just get a DJI Maverick Pro...or probably more likely wait for the Maverick 2 which should be announced soon. I'm probably gonna get one to be honest due to its portability to bring on trips with the family either way. But I still want my QAV500, being a larger and probably more stable in higher winds.

Thoughts on going with option 1 or 2?

Choose Option no. 3 sir I think DJI Mavic Pro for me is worth it to buy.

Cswann821

Right, I think I will end up getting the new maverick when its announced. BUT Ihate to have this platform hanging on a wall...so between option 1 and 2....what would you do, better quality esc for the naza m v2....or a different FC like pixhawk or vector?

Right, I think I will end up getting the new maverick when its announced. BUT Ihate to have this platform hanging on a wall...so between option 1 and 2....what would you do, better quality esc for the naza m v2....or a different FC like pixhawk or vector?

I have no idea in that Option no.2 but for option no. 1 Keep the no longer supported DJI Naza M v2 and purchase some better quality ESC's