Purchased a few parts in a hurry, need some advice

Fishnick

So I have been looking at parts to build my first quad for a while now, but could not pull the trigger. Then I got some coupon codes that were only good for a few hours, so I grabbed some motors and ESCs...
I had been looking at the Tiger motors and ended up getting the F40 2205 2300kv. Looking at the tables posted with them, the highest amperage I could see them pull was 26.x amps so I bought 30amp ESCs. I would have gone with the Tiger brand ones (I think Flame?) but I couldent find them in that size. So I ended up with Lumenier 30A with SimonK Autoshot firmware.
I just wanted to make sure these would work well together and that they could be set up to do active braking. I heard something on a podcast saying simonk couldent, but in their description it mentions Damped Light... I obviously bought these too fast and should have done more homework (like I usually do) but I got a good deal.
Also, these ESCs have the built in BEC, cant find good info on that... those are to power the FC? but only one of them? and the other 3 are extra? ya, not sure about this subject lol.

I have only used BLHeli but damped light is indeed active braking, though I don't use it myself. Maybe SimonK has added it since the podcast was made?

Hi,

I would get a Matek HUBOSD PDB which has 12V and 5V BECs along with an OSD. It works great, and gives you battery voltage, current and flight time in your goggles. Well worth the modest cost IMO. I doubt if there is enough room on the ESCs to have a quality LC filter because inductors are generally pretty large.

Fishnick

Thanks again tgo,
I was wondering if that would be the better way to go, and I'm glad I now have confirmation of it. Disable the BECs on the ESC and go with BECs on the PDB it is!