Need Help! Props preventd from spinning?

Thomas Cook

Folks: Hi, I'm new to drone flying and to this forum, so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place BUT...

I have a Dromidia XL which has been working just fine around my home, in parks, basically everywhere EXCEPT a location where I wanted to actually record video for a friend. He was training for his motorcycle license and wanted footage of him testing for his license. Trouble is when I tried to fly my drone - the motors wouldn't activate.

Thinking I just wasn't following the right steps, I looked up the manual online and was doing it properly. I tried for a half hour before giving up. But as soon as I got it home, it worked fine again. So I took it back to the site and - yet again - it wouldn't work. The power to the drone is fine, it blinks properly showing it is linked to my remote. I get video through the app. But as soon as I try to activate the motors, the props turn just slightly and then do nothing.

The site where I am trying to fly/shoot is in my state's capital city but miles from downtown or a nearby airport. My thought was is there any possibility there is a dampening field preventing the drone from operating?

Similarly, I had not officially registered the drone through the FAA yet (which I have now). Is there some chance when I tried to start the props the FAA somehow recognized my unregistered drone and shut it down (or is that WAAAY too paranoid)?

Any comments, ides, or recommendations greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
There is no longer a need to register and and in NO way can the FAA affect your drone from physically flying.