Proposal to change the dji forum in 2 sections.

DJI spited in 2 sections (hoby and pro)

• Yes

Votes: 39 79.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I like it as it is.

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lanzar

Proposal to change the dji forum in 2 sections. Maybe also one special section for profesional filming industry (no gopro fpv stuff but only the people that do this profesionaly).

something like:

1. Hobby (naza, quads, ...)
2. Profesional (wookong, s800, ....)

Cause there is somethimes too much to go threw to find the thing you need.

VINHEX

Would be really cool to divide Hex and Multi F330, F450, F550 and S800

Wookong
F330, F450, F550 and S800

Naza

Lifter

Would be really cool to divide Hex and Multi F330, F450, F550 and S800

Wookong

Naza

Yes please - Great idea, was trying to get info last night from here but its all mixed together..
Finally got it from the manual anyway - should have read it first up I guess...
Cheers

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I am all for this. This aint about them and us coz I am both but I think its a great idea. Not sure what the split would be but maybe I would suggest the split is

F350/450/550 Nazza/WKM in one group

WKM DW/CS or the like in size in another

Just Suggestions

Dave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hello everyone. I LOVE SUGGESTIONS! I want this place to be your forums of choice for multi-rotors so why not make it the way you'd like it, eh?

I don't mind splitting up the DJI forums into NAZA and WKM. If the camera mounts go the way of the controllers then that's just bonus. any more division though of the topics waters it down and people start to lost the benefit of the many discussions being out there to surf through. frames are frames as far as I'm concerned, no?

Thanks,
Bart

Sebas600

Divide in Naza and WKM and maybe a separate Gimbal questions part...

I think making a better structured forum it is much easier to find answers to questions.
Lots of questions keep coming back over and over...
Also making/adding tag words for each thread to make a search give more quality results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Lots of questions keep coming back over and over...
Also making/adding tag words for each thread to make a search give more quality results.

We might want to post some "search tips" as a sticky at the top of each forum. Sometimes new users may not know that the question they are about to ask has already been answer several times before. Showing them the correct way to look for it may help with the redundancy.

DennyR

Pros who earn a living from this do have an entirely different viewpoint even though at times pros like to play around with a few toys. It would be a great idea to segregate this. It will give the newbies something to aim for and the pros something to consider and contribute too, doubtless there will be differences of opinion which should get some interest going with out offending those who set their sights at a different level. Why limit this to DJI? The standard of video production is going to move ahead in leaps and bounds now that the wherewithall can be found. :tennis:

mailman35

how about a sub category for failed s800's f550's that have turned in to flying/falling bricks. a subsection for people that cant figure out what props to use. another sub section for people that cant figure out why the crappy *** dji props broke/keep breaking.
as well as a category for people that have just crashed 10k in hardware(s800,gimbal,wkm +water/gravity. )

and lets not forget a total n00b section, where even RTFM is a forigen term. :O

Bartman

there's a great saying;
When you're green, you grow, when you're ripe, you rot.
my philosophy with the forums is that we benefit by having a little bit of mixing going on. if we segregate the forums too much then we run the risk of leaving ourselves without the opportunity to be exposed to new ideas. I'm ok with splitting things up into NAZA and WKM but I'd like to leave it at that for now. Maybe a separate forum on camera mounts would be the best approach to pulling those conversations out of the general flight control chatter. the two are related though so maybe leaving them for the general discussions area is worthwhile?

thanks for the input on this stuff.

Bart

goraplx

Most of the threads f450 and f550 regarding same questions, I wouldn't split them. Better naza and wkm because that's completly different models and setups. Good idea anyway.

Bartman

this change has been made. i left the original DJI forum intact as a DJI general discussions area.

Great job splitting them. Any chance we could add

Gimbals with DJI products
FPV with DJI products

The only reason I ask is to expand the knowledge in those two fields without getting lost in the posts. Either way, good job with the split Bart

LowFlier

We might want to post some "search tips" as a sticky at the top of each forum. Sometimes new users may not know that the question they are about to ask has already been answer several times before. Showing them the correct way to look for it may help with the redundancy.

I have always liked it when there was a stickied FAQ thread. The first post in the thread is an index of links to threads that do a good job of answering the common questions. Can we edit our posts indefinitely here though? We would have to be able to in order to make the "index" work because it would need to be updated from time to time. The problem with searching is that posts rarely are well weighted so as to be found with the correct search terms, and people who are just getting up to speed don't know the right terms in any case. A sticky that is right up top on the subforum with a clear title will pull a lot of new folks to the answers they need and help them to get up to speed quickly as they browse the other links as well. It also makes it easy on the experienced folks who want to point someone in the right direction. Just my 2¢...