Project Quad Featherlight

Hi,

After a normal version focused on design, I have decided to build a featherlight version which as it says is all about efficiency.

The normal version is loaded with aluminium and therefore not the most efficient quad. I can get flight times of about 10 minutes, and the gimbal on that thing is not the best one I have.

The new Featherlight version will support a different bigger gimbal.
Specs:

- Tiger T-Motor MT3506 650KV
- Turnigy Plush 25Amp ESC's
- Crius Mulitiwii AIO Pro
- Props to be decided
- RC-Timer 2Axis Gimbal Controller
- Batterie to be decided
- RC Timer ASP Gimbal

We want 3 main things in this frame.
- Lighter
- Smaller
- Different balance

Lighter and smaller is easy. I have removed a lot of frame parts, and it's now as barbone as it can be. It doesn't look so nice anymore.. but you can't have it all.

The balance needed to be changed because I don't want any weight in front or behind my arms with this frame. In the normal version the battery is behind the back arms, and the gimbal is in front of the front arms. In the Featherlight edition I am relocating this to the middle of the frame. This will increase efficiency and makes better images while filming.

Overall the frame will be 750 gram lighter than the normale version. This will hopefully relate in a 20 min flight time.

I have started the first test frame... And need to do a lot more. It's the first test..

These are all the frame parts
IMG_0970small.png

Here you see the new bottom, and the other one from the normal edition.
It's a lot smaller, and the bottom plate is A LOT smaller.
IMG_0971small.png

Here are some overview pics. The cable mess is something to take care of...
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

And of course a video!!

Thanks for reading and critics are very welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: