Professional advice needed please!

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
All,

I have been tasked with a wee job, I'm not going to reveal details at this moment, but it's pretty exciting. If it all works out, it will cause a bit of a stir in the MR world!

All I need to ask you learned chaps at the moment is whether or not you think this configuration will work. It's a hexa, slightly larger than average, but the main thing is that I have had to change the configuration to get it to fit.

I have attached a plan, do you think this will fly okay with say, a Naza with the front and rear booms slightly longer?

Thanks in advance!

Gunter.

View attachment 5517

Attachments

• CL Frame.jpg
    CL Frame.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 138

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thats one for DJI to advise I would say.. Aye up Zaxis.. nice spot.. mmm wonder who is advising them?
DAve

jes1111

Naza I don't know - but it would certainly fly with OpenPilot (and many others). The CG point is obviously unaffected by the elongated front/back. But it will alter the moments of inertia so good flight characteristics will depend on an FC with full loop tuning and mixer table facilities. I suspect that rules out the Naza.

From the mechanical angle, I can't for the life of me think of a useful reason for that shape, so I'm intrigued :)

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Naza I don't know - but it would certainly fly with OpenPilot (and many others). The CG point is obviously unaffected by the elongated front/back. But it will alter the moments of inertia so good flight characteristics will depend on an FC with full loop tuning and mixer table facilities. I suspect that rules out the Naza.

From the mechanical angle, I can't for the life of me think of a useful reason for that shape, so I'm intrigued :)

Jes, I have just checked, the Naza doesn't have a mixer table. The WK-M does, so I have written to DJI to see if they can give me the values for the WK-M table...

Fingers crossed,

Gunter.