Problem with naza m v2

Pgirnus

My naza is new. It is flying well the gains seem fine. I a have a dx7 with no failsafe set up. It flys great for only a few minutes then lands wherever it is, even with full throttle. It is not in failsafe mode or voltage protection mode.
It just gradually takes the power from the esc's to land. Has anyone seen this before. I am afraid if I fly 500 ft awAy it will land in a pool or something. I added another battery in parallel now I'm running 3s 4800 mah. After it lands I plug into naza assist is is not in failsafe mode and the voltage is nowhere near the first protection @ 10.50 volts. I'm stumped.

wilanz

I just had this happen to me three times today. I thought it was a voltage issue so I added an OSD for the last flight. Plenty of voltage as it came down.

After the walk of shame to recover the Hex. It hovered no problem for 10 mins. It even punched out at full throttle bringing the voltage way down. No problems. I did this three times today! Flying with two new 4000mah batts in Parrallel. Total flight 15-16 mins. not including the walk to go get it between flights.

I did put three videos together showing all three landings. It seemed I still had control of the sticks but holding full throttle didn't give any response. All flying in Attitude mode. My Naza Hex doesn't have GPS. I just got this to play FPV plane chasing at the field but so far I don't like that it lands for no reason. Right around the 3 min mark.

I have disabled the Voltage alerts to test tomorrow. I just gotta keep it over the dry stuff!

Vid link below.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilanz

No problems today after turning off the voltage settings. I had three solid flights without any automatic landings. I'll keep those voltage settings off and will keep the OSD and Audio alarm as my indicators. Timer sure helps, too!

I did calibrate the voltage and go through the instructions to calculate loss. Went over adjustments over 5 flights but still no luck so Off it goes. Maybe upgrading the PMU will help better manage the low voltage settings. I'm still using the original one that came with the quad. I noticed there's an upgrade.