Problem with atti and gps

m0ngr31

I have the Quanum venture with the Naza-m lite. I'm pretty stupid with RC, and this is my first real attempt at it.

With some help and lots of YouTube videos, I have a flyable drone on manual mode (I'm not good at it, but it flies). But as soon as I flip the switch to do atti, it just takes off climbing and will keep going until I switch back to manual and lower the altitude myself.

Also, the few times I've tried RTH, it always crashes and burns. 2 times it thought about coming back to me, but decided it'd rather just do circles in the sky and then randomly fall ungracefully from about 10 meters. The other time it just did a super fast decent almost straight down and crashed in the road.

Is there something I'm missing? I've done the calibrations in the Naza software, and done some compass calibrations, but it hasn't helped.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
How about the setup in the assistant software? Correctly entered the positions of the GPS and IMU?

Do not try RTH unless it flies perfectly in GPS mode. RTH is a GPS mode.

Is your GPS puck pointing the right way? The lead is supposed to point forwards.

Feel free to post pics of your setup and assistant settings and we'll all have a look for you. :)

m0ngr31

As far as I can see in the Naza software, my switch settings are correct. The GPS puck is facing the right way. I'll try and get some photos up soon.