1001copters.com Presentation of the shop, purpose, objectives, news

Presentation of how 1001 Copters is born

Hi,

I will speak here about how my shop is born and what's my goal.

I discovered the multicopter like most people: by watching a video of Holger demonstrating the Hexa. As most of you I thought that the thing was... WOW incredible, GPS, go home, alti control ?! Crazy !
A few minutes later I also discovered the possibility of first person view: a guy with a pair of Fatshark was piloting his airplane like he was inside it ?! My brain has make a connexion between multicopter and FPV and I thought :" we must bring this to handicaped people, paraplegic and more important tetraplegic people.

I don't know why I immediatly thought to this, I don't know handicaped people personnaly but I have thought that the idea was nice and should be develloped.
When I have seen the prices , I have thought that the idea can be nice but the price was ...well... 2 months of work for a complete solution...

I baught a Conrad QC450 to learn how to fly with a small idea: placing a go pro on it, filming local climbing club people and selling them the video. (yes I know , it's nice to see a little boy dreaming :D). As the Qc450 is very fragile I wanted to build a better frame. I found the CAD drawing of the SLE-X9.01 frame from SMS86 on Mk.de, I have worked on the drawings, enhanced the frame and asked for a commercial proposal from a laser cutting company.
I wanted the frame but a single prototype with laser cutting was very costly: around 470$ (350€) so I organised a Bulk order diminishing the cost to less than 140$. I have had 15 frames sold around the world.

During this bulk order several people asked me for a bigger frame : 70cm diameter. During summer I have thought about this, the frame should be foldable to facilitate transport, and yes why not working on an hexa frame in aluminium, there are no aluminium frame in hexa etc...
France and United states are very similar: IRS is still there, lurking for your money like barracudas :) I decided to open an internet shop to be in a legal way and to avoid IRS problems. 1001 Copters is born in the south of France while I was in holidays at my parents home ( lizards's paradize ^^)

My objective is still the same : bringing multicopter FPV to handicaped people, organising small travel to nice spot with handicaped people and take them for a ride in the sky. For tetraplegic people it could be difficult to take them to another place so why not recording nice FPV sessions and show them in the googles. This technologie isn't very well known and I really think that there is something to do in this way.

What's in the shop ?

FRAMES
My shop is centered around the frames. I designed two frames (for now) for heavy duty : one X8 and one Hexa. Both are big frames, foldable, compatible with eletronic Mikrokopter boards.
These two frames have been desined in coordination with several professionnals in order to listen to their concerns about what they need to work. these professionnals comes from different kind of job: photographers, video technicians for TV shows, producer for TV and cinema.

As the stability increase with diameter, these two frames are some of the biggest available on the professionnal market. Both are foldable to have an easy and safe transportation on shooting points.
These frames are made in aluminium AU4G (aeronautic quality aluminium), 2 mm thickness and have been studied with finite element calculations to dimension the resistances to heavy payload.
You can see photos of the frames in the dedicated posts.

All the frames can be anodised , colors available are numerous: incolor, black, gold, green, red, blue, orange, purple, ...
The anodisation also gives a protection against corrosion and is electricaly isolated (the frame is no more conductive).

PROPELLERS
You can also find XOAR propellers on my shop. For now i'm just proposing 13"x6.5" props because it's very well adaptated to MK3538 motor or AXI 2814/22. these wood props are very stiff and that's a good point for heavy duty: you don't want to break a propeller with a 3D MK II under your frame. I will do some test to show the efficiency of these props. I orered special XOAR prop, the one you can find in my shop are appaired pairs : it's manufactured together in order to have exactly the same weight, exactly the same pitch and exctly the same angle of attack. I hope these props will be on of the active component to reduce the vibrations.
I'm gonna conduct some test when I will receive it.

In the next months I will propose motors and other propellers.

NUTS AND BOLTS
I also propose several screws, spacers and washers. I choose to propose Belleville washers because that's what we are using in the research center where I have my regular job. These washers are specially adaptated to avoid unscrewing of pieces submited to vibrations. (Evrything is under vaccuum in my lab and we can't open evrything if something is unscrewing). I think it can be perfect for propellers.

I'm planning several things for the next months: a retractable landing gear, a battery cage for vislero LiPo and an Y6 frame. This one will be a special frame, I want to do something fun with a nice looking, perhaps something like an animal (scorpion or hawk I don't know...) the furut will tell us !

Best regards,
Cédric

ps : Thank you for the effort to read all this bad english

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Cedric,

Your frames are a work of art, I want to mirror polish one and just hang it on the wall of my office, I'd be too afraid to fly it for fear of crashing!

Seriously though, your English is not bad, it is far better than my French. Welcome and keep the beautiful alloy parts coming, sooner or later I'll find a way to afford one of those frames for another build.

Ken

Hi friends from the other side of the sea :)

I received today the famous AXI 2814/22 brushless motors.
It's available on the shop here

I will conduct some tests on these motors to show the quality of the conception relative to vibrations. One of our members has already shown that these motors have half less vibrations than the MK3538.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Cedric. they look fantastic.. as ken said a work of art. I will look forward to seeing your Y6 design. Folding is very interesting to me as my application requires transport by mountain bike!

hu ? mountain bike ?
I have ordered piece to build a ransport case but It's gonna be 50x50x50 cm I think (perhaps a little bit more).
I didn't thought about a backpack but that's an interesting idea ^^

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have a design on the board using an old climbing rucsac I have.. when I get time to make it ill post it up

Dave

PS keep up the good work with your frames and the people you are giving a new look on life.. good on you

Hi,

the AXI 2814/22 are arrived :)
These top quality motors are equiped with 3 bearings (instead of 2 like on the majority of the motors). All these motors are dynamically balanced by the manufacturer to optimize the vibrations loss.

I'm building an X8-600 orange anodised for a customer and I will post some photos with these motors and the XOARS prop ;)

DennyR

So how does the Axi 2814/22 compare for performance against the MK3538. I like the idea of three brgs. as I just had a bearing give up on one of my 3538's

I didn' tested it yet, I'm currently mountinh an X8-600 for a customer, I will test it on this frame ( orange anodised, orange mesh guard, orang shrink tue and orange motors :) )
I will make some test on power consuming.
After tis work I will make some trust tests (I need to build a measurment bench for that...)

DennyR

I will make some test on power consuming.
After tis work I will make some trust tests (I need to build a measurment bench for that...)[/QUOTE]

I did show a simple but accurate device on thr other site.

Regards

Denny BTW are you using the ppm converter?

Do you have the link ?
(yes i'm know I'm lazy :D)

For now I use the Bl 2.0 so I don't need the PPM converter.
Another good solution for heavy lift is the 1Hoch4, I have hear that it works pretty well.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
cedric,
are you only using the xoar props? i've got a batch on it's way in a few weeks and i'm curious to hear other people's experiences with them.
thanks,
bart

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
where do you get the 11" props in both rotations? does someone actually stock them?

hi,
I have received a new batch of precision pair of Xoar props (13x6.5")
I placed it online on hour ago and their is already 9 pairs that have gone :D

zorba

Cedric I want 4 pairs. When I try to add mor to my basket it wont let me. How many do you have left? Urgent

OK got it. it works now. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

the parcell will be shiped this evening or tomorow morning.
I have had 3 orders in the night, these props are really asked by the community :)

Attachments

• Hexastar700_01 4.jpg
    Hexastar700_01 4.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 502
  • Hexastar700_01 2.jpg
    Hexastar700_01 2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Hexastar700_01 3.jpg
    Hexastar700_01 3.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Hexastar700_01 1.jpg
    Hexastar700_01 1.jpg