Powering LCD Monitor by battery?

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Hello All;
I just purchased a 10.1" LCD monitor from ReadyMadeRC that I want to use as my ground station monitor.
I am interested in coming up with a way to power the monitor with a LiPo battery in order to make my rig totally portable.
Any ideas?
Here are the specs on the monitor:
  • Input Voltage: DC7-18V
  • Power Consumption: ≦10W
  • Power Supply: 12V 1200mA power supply with US prongs, accepts 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Thanks!
/Hal

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I run my 7 inch on a 3s 2200 Lipo, it will run for hours on that... Ohh my 5.8Ghz receiver is also on the same battery.

Cool! Thanks for the input. I'm currently investigating how I'm going to wire all this up to a 3S LiPo.
Thanks.
The easiest way to do that is to find a monitor that uses as 12V DC input. The smaller the monitor, the higher the chances you will find one like that. By the time you get to 19" monitors, the chances of finding VDC run monitors begins to dwindle. But if it takes 12VDC input, then it's a straight forward battery connection. Otherwise you're looking at votage regulators or voltage step up/down stuff...

tstrike

pendejo grande

Attachments

• 2waypower.jpg
    2waypower.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 862
  • fpvbasestation.jpg
    fpvbasestation.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 853
  • rca female2female.jpg
    rca female2female.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 676

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
I have a 10.1" monitor from ReadyMadeRC that is a 12V input monitor. So I think I understand what I have to do. Thanks!

tstrike

pendejo grande
Your's looks like what I'm about to make for myself!!
I see that you have a power lead running in to the octopus cable that contains the video jacks. I saw in my ReadyMadeRC 10.1" monitor manual that that plug is indeed a power input to the monitor. From the looks of your images, that's correct. Does it work ok?

works great, Kloner goes in and shortens all those cables coming out of the monitor but I'm not that adventurous. Make a 2 way power cable and some female to female rca jacks, hold it all together with some velcro and you're good to go.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
One other thing I do is put a volt alarm on my battery, I don't really want my rx and monitor going out on me while I am out of LOS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Your's looks like what I'm about to make for myself!!
I see that you have a power lead running in to the octopus cable that contains the video jacks. I saw in my ReadyMadeRC 10.1" monitor manual that that plug is indeed a power input to the monitor. From the looks of your images, that's correct. Does it work ok?
So here is my power harness for my RX and my monitor. Two 2.1mm barrel connectors soldered in parallel to an EC5. I believe I am good to go! I also included my 10.1" RMRC monitor. This setup is just waiting on a battery and a transmitter for my multirotor. Can't wait to get this going! :cool:
View attachment 13334View attachment 13333View attachment 13335

Attachments

• GND Station Cable.jpg
    GND Station Cable.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 670