Power kill switch?

Is there such thing as a remote controlled kill switch to kill all power to a Multirotor in the horrible event of crashing into water?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
How would you power the power switch? Ha!

Alas I don't think so. Flotation devices, location devices but no water reactive switches. That's the risk of flying over water.

I think most people use the 'don't crash' method where you just don't crash. That's the easiest. Avoid flying over water until you're quite confident.

Surprisingly they can survive water landings!

kloner

Aerial DP
I fly naza and been in twice now....... when your props hit the water under power your done....... smokes the esc's. motors don't care, dry em off and your fine. the electronics need to be completely dried off. No testing that day to see if it works. Just open everything up, cases and all, drain out the water. pressurized air helps to quicken the process.

being twice in, only lost 2 esc's.

castle esc's have something called prop strike that can help, but i've never had one in the water. It shuts off the esc when the prop hits something, problem is it sits there and beeps so not sure if that'd smoke them beeping under water. it is frequent and often

Malcr001

Or just cover everything in plastidip or use a waterproof frame if you intend to fly over water. I would never fly over water but maybe thats because I cannot swim so if it did ever crash into water I'd well and truly buggered.

kloner

Aerial DP
this is the pacific ocean...... like a honey badger i tell ya

Last edited by a moderator: