Power distribution board

QuadrPR

Hi:

I need to buy an power distribution board for my hexacopter Tarot 680. I found one board on ebay but I want know if this board can use. My concern is the current (AMP) parameters. It have 8x10A outputs (max). What that mean? The motor Im going to use is 690K, 30A ESC. Thanks for help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 337

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Welcome to the site QuadPR or should I say Bienvenidos?

I don't usually tell people to do a search but in this case there is a lot of info and discussion on power distribution boards. My favorite is the Voltair board from the folks at Multiwiicopter.com but i also modify them by soldering solid 14awg to the bottom (pos and neg) to increase their capacity.

View attachment 15950

If you add up all of the amps being pulled by your motors then the board has to be able to do at least that amount of current but preferably about 50% more as a safety factor. The problem is, a lot of the boards out there don't have real solid limits set for them so you have to do a lot of asking around.

on any page near the upper right corner is a search bar, click Advanced Search just below it. then, type Power Distribution Board into the keywords box and select "thread Titles" in the drop down box. you'll get a lot of hits on that one.

Bart

Attachments

• DSC00155.jpg
    DSC00155.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 227
Last edited by a moderator:

QuadrPR

People let me explain something, when I post a question I made the advance search first. If I dont find solid answer then I create a new post

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
if the power board says it has 8 10A outputs that means that each connection is rated for only 10A. You stated you have 30A ESC's so you'll need to find a power board that has 8 30A outputs.

so the answer is no. this is important stuff and if you're having trouble figuring it out then you should maybe plan to build something smaller until you have the details figured out.

As an extra precaution for the heavy lifters, I use an IR remote temperature gun to get the PDB temperature immediately after a flight with a heavier camera but I am flying a Cinestar 8 so the PDB is rugged.....