Power distribution board wire size?

akhero

I have a 10AWG wire coming out from my 5000Mah battery can i run a 16awg wire from the power board to the battery or i need a 10awg?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
It does depend what you plan on using it on/in/with but if you are running it in a basic 450 quad then 16 gauge would be heaps.

Pete

akhero

Thx mate, yes, I will be running a quad. What would be the best connector to use between the battery and the power board?

jes1111

I have a 10AWG wire coming out from my 5000Mah battery can i run a 16awg wire from the power board to the battery or i need a 10awg?
It does depend what you plan on using it on/in/with but if you are running it in a basic 450 quad then 16 gauge would be heaps.
Pete
Thx mate, yes, I will be running a quad. What would be the best connector to use between the battery and the power board?

Woah there! akhero - you need to supply more information: full specs on battery, ESCs and motors. Granted this is the beginner's forum, but you really should know the answer to your own question - from the mathematics, not from one vague question on a forum.

CdA D

What jes1111 means is that you need to know how much draw/voltage your Quad is going to need/use in order to figure out your wire size. Even your PDB (Power Distribution Board) needs to be able to handle the amperage. Give us the info he is asking for and we'll help.

akhero

ok sorry, 5000Mah 4S lipo 45-90 discharge 30A ESC Sunnysky 2814 700KV motors the power distribution board is a 100A

jes1111

ok sorry, 5000Mah 4S lipo 45-90 discharge 30A ESC Sunnysky 2814 700KV motors the power distribution board is a 100A
You should stick with 10AWG from battery to PDB - maximum load will be approaching 100Amps, way too much for 16AWG. It's always better to play safe with wire sizes - getting it wrong could, at best, shorten your flight time or, at worst, turn your quad into a flaming 4kg projectile that can punch through someone's roof and set fire to their home.

What worries me (and I apologise for coming across harsh) is that you are asking this question at all - "...can I use 16AWG...?" - why 16AWG in particular? Because it "fits"? Because you have some? I'd have been much more relaxed if you'd asked "how do I calculate the correct wire gauge to use?" :)

akhero

First of all my 30A ESC comes with 16AWG wire the power board rated upto 100A i guess never mind now i have realized why i need a thicker gauge wire. well, it is easier to solder a 16awg to the xt60 connectors.