Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Post drone news videos here

Discussion in 'Aerial Photography and Video Discussion' started by John Locke, Feb 2, 2016.

1. John Locke

John Locke Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Orange County, CA
    Posted by John Locke, Feb 2, 2016 #1
    I thought I would start a thread where news videos about drones could be posted so we can all keep an ear to the ground about how the media can affect our hobby, good or bad. If you run across interesting news about drones, post them here.

I'll start with this Dutch report about birds being trained to hunt drones. Interesting idea.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-eagle-destroys-drone-in-dutch-police-video/

droneadmin likes this.
  2. nathan

nathan Administrator Staff Member

May 5, 2015
    Posted by nathan, Feb 2, 2016 #2
    I wonder what happens when the pilot tries to protect his drone by trying to get it back from the bird? I can't imagine most pilots would just shut the power down and let the bird fly away without a fight of their own. Those blades can be incredibly destructive.

3. Petr Hejl

Petr Hejl Staff Member Moderator

Jan 29, 2016
    USA
    Posted by Petr Hejl, Feb 3, 2016 #3
    I'd love to see the birdie catch something bigger, not sure if even the DJI Inspire would be such an easy catch. Not sure if this is such a great idea.