Possible gyro problem?

Snotblossom

Hi all,
New here and somewhat new to flying quads. (Kids had several el cheapo quads years ago that i of course had to try) So anyway, I was out for a few test flights with my new Walkera QR X800 and was doing well. Had maybe 90 minutes fly time in and while coming down to land one prop caught a wayward tree branch causing a crash. Already replaced one fixing block and one blade. Everything else seems fine. But now when i try to lift off only the front lifts and it tips backward. Seems to me maybe a gyro problem? Cant seem to find any information on finding a gyro reading or even where its located.
Secondly, it also wont go into compass calibration. Dont know if this may also be a symptom or part of the problem. The receiver is an RX 706 with telemetry. Any help appreciated.
Lastly, I was working on a dragon link upgrade and wondering if this could also be a fix using the full V3 kit with micro osd. Currently have all the parts except waiting for the osd.

Snotblossom

Motors feel and sound fine. All power up and spin. Just at takeoff, the 2 forward motors accelerate faster than the rear pair which tips the drone backward.
Maybe a controller mix setting issue? While I was waiting on parts, I did do a firmware update. What makes me think of that now is I just found out my gear settings changed from 100% to 130% causing the servo to chatter by trying to overtravel.
As for any motor mix settings, the radio is set up for airplane labeling and don't know where to even look if there is such a setting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: