POLL: What type of Prop Balancer is the best for Multirotors?

What type of balancer do you use?

• OTHER Mag balancer (pls post your balancer)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynex balancer

• Home made/ DIY (pls post your setup)

• NONE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Hi Everyone!

At the risk of getting into the Ford v Chevy debate I have been pulling my hair out on just what prop balancer to get!!!

I have read every thread here and TONS of others on every other forum I could google up.

There are Pro's and Con's to the Dubro and the TopFlite.....

So what do you use and WHY do you like it?

I understand that there can be issues with shafts being straight, hubs out of balance, magnetizing a shaft for mag ones......URGHHHHHH

Cheers,

Mike :)

sledge57

I have an old Du-Bro a new TF mag balancer. My TF is more sensitive than my DB is, one of my props seems in balance on the DB and when I put it on the TF it's clearly not.

I'm sure there's something better but at what cost I don't know and I know there's plenty of people who dislike the TF.

The TF isn't nearly as well made as my old DB, I'd like to find a way to make a sturdier frame but truthfully I'm lazy and it works good as is...

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Have an old something-or-another (all aluminum with the big wheels), a newer TF magnetic, and a small white balancer from HobbyExpress.com (formerly Hobby-Lobby). I use the magnetic one but you have to be sure the shaft is perfectly straight or it will skew your results.

jbrumberg

I chose the Top Flite because it appeared to be the only prop balancer that could be modified by myself to balance the smaller and hexagonal/round internal shaped hub found on my SYMA X1's. Pictures available.

coreyperez

I have the Top Flite, I never did specifically check the shaft for balance/straightness, but as often as I took the prop off (I marked the heavy one initially) it always responded as I expected it too (with sanding off some of the material).

I have a dynamic motor/prop balancer on the way (currently). (ELMviba Bluetooth). While not exactly as refined as some of the other devices I've seen, at $25.... You truly can't beat it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1913379

Corey

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Well.....

With my Wife's Permission (she was getting pissed at my constant research on prop balancing) I snagged a Dubro 499 prop balancer and it arrived this past Saturday. I just set it up and will be balancing my props with it. I will also be getting a TopFlite in the mail soon and will hopefully be able to do a good comparison between the two.

I'll keep you all posted!!!!

BTW....Prop balancers NEED to have a LEVEL surface with NO air currents!!!! I reload precision rounds for long range competition and the same principles apply here! (Funny Story: when I learned from a "mentor" on reloading years ago we could not figure out just why our powder measurements were off....I figured it out...it was his AC unit that was putting some minute pressure on the scale. Since then, when I am making precision measurements, I turn off ALL air currents (heat/AC/Fans) so that I can get the best results)!