Pletternberg motors

ovdt

Hey Dave,

I think they are wider than the products in competition, right?

And, I'm really wondering about the prices :)

Macsgrafs

Plettys are always mega bucks, was looking at one for a maxi joker 3 heli...nearly £400 or to you guys in the US, $600! Hence why I went octo route instead!

Ross

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
They are German. I will call them up and try to get details. Price how to mount prop adapters etc. Let's see I will post. Need some motors for my hexa build, could be interesting. Love the orbit sticker :)

jes1111

I have six Orbit 15-18's on my shopping list - desperately trying to find something else cheaper that matches the performance, but not easy! They are exceptional motors, by all accounts, with an amazing capacity for their weight. And, of course, beautifully balanced and smooth.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Jeswhich ones exactly do you have on your list and what other motors come closest ?

FOX222

have you looked at AXI?

Sorry I missed a post.

Anyway , do you think you need 950 watts? The AXI's are hard to beat for their performance for our application.

A Chevy 455 can easily produce over a 1000 HP but you wouldn't want to put one in Cadillac CTS-V Coupe. It's not right for the application.

Last edited by a moderator:

jes1111

I'm guessing that DW need a special plate not because of the size but the odd mounting holes. Plus there's an optional "bigger" mounting plate with different holes again - but I might mill a similar piece myself that extends out to meet a mounting bracket coming off the arm. All very different from "normal" motors!
View attachment 671
View attachment 672
View attachment 673
View attachment 674

Attachments

• flansch.gif
    flansch.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Orbit15.gif
    Orbit15.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Orbit15wh.gif
    Orbit15wh.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Wehi.gif
    Wehi.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 263

FOX222

What are you powering? I thought we were talking about a Hexa not Pattern Planes. The AXI is a better choice for a Multi. When you start building HP Hot liners or RENO style Racers then you would want to spend the money on the Plettys.

jes1111

Building a "super-heavy-lift Y6". I agree most of the Plettenbergs are high Kv motors for racing - but not this model. Axi would be a better choice if they made a motor that performed similarly - but they don't :)

FOX222

Sorry jes111 but I don't think you are looking at all info. Just the watts. It's your money though and I wish you luck.

John

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I am very interested. I will call them and maybe they will give some insights on the cooperation with DW. I cant see anywhere how the Prop mounting is done ? DW somehow left that out of there fotos on the page.

Pano-Dirk

Hello my friends,

the Plettenberg engine on the DW website is a new special version. This engine is NOT on the Plettenberg website.

To change some important details for the DW frames is my idea. I am working together with Plettenberg and here are some details:
- new titanium axis (7 gram less)
- screw thread on the axis (no propeller mount needed, 20 gram less)
- lower KV
- dynamically fine balanced

Droidworx has received the first prototype from me.

I will give some more details about power, thrust and so on in the next days.
Also some information for ordering.

Dirk

Last edited by a moderator: