Please help!

moleware

I have a DJI F550 w/ Naza-m V2 and Spektrum Dx7. I have calibrated, updated firmware, and checked all connections more times than I can count.

I cannot arm the motors. The copter appears to start up and initialize normally, then the LED blinks amber only and does not stop. This indicates failsafe mode, but I cannot get it out of failsafe.

When I connect to the software, in Basic -> RC -> Control Mode Switch, I cannot select anything except for the two empty boxes on either side. I followed instructions indicating that the "Gear" switch from the AR7000 module should be plugged into "U" port of the NAZA. But the gear switch is only 2 position...

I've been at this for days, please save me.

Thanks!

tstrike

pendejo grande
You'll only be able to get Atti and manual mode. Hook everything up to naza assistant, on your dx7 scroll down to servo setup, select, middle line where it should say throttle, select, scroll until gear channel shows up, select, now while you have your auto pilot screen up in naza put your gear switch in the position you want it for activation of atti mode you'll see 2 sets of numbers on your transmitter, those are your end points, start adjusting that number via your transmitter's wheel, until you get your Atti box to go blue in naza assist. Now set your gear switch to manual and adjust the numbers the same way until you get the manual box to go blue. Voila! should be good to go.

moleware

You'll only be able to get Atti and manual mode. Hook everything up to naza assistant, on your dx7 scroll down to servo setup, select, middle line where it should say throttle, select, scroll until gear channel shows up, select, now while you have your auto pilot screen up in naza put your gear switch in the position you want it for activation of atti mode you'll see 2 sets of numbers on your transmitter, those are your end points, start adjusting that number via your transmitter's wheel, until you get your Atti box to go blue in naza assist. Now set your gear switch to manual and adjust the numbers the same way until you get the manual box to go blue. Voila! should be good to go.

Ok, update:

I adjusted the max/min range values on the gear switch to +/- 80%. I now can switch between failsafe and manual mode. YES!!! Unfortunately, it is still not arming the motors...

Now the LED blinks amber in groups of 4. The DJI LED code page is completely useless... What does this mean, and what do I need to do now?

Cheshirecat

On the WK-M the motors will not arm with the USB Cable plugged have you tried disconnecting that, also try re calibrating your sticks, it might be that the Naza is not detecting the sticks fully into the start position.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Unless you have a gps unit, the only failsafe you're gonna get is autoland which has to be set up in the binding process between transmitter and receiver. You should program it between manual and atti on a 2 position switch.

moleware

Unless you have a gps unit, the only failsafe you're gonna get is autoland which has to be set up in the binding process between transmitter and receiver. You should program it between manual and atti on a 2 position switch.

I do have the GPS, sorry I didn't mention it earlier.

moleware

On the WK-M the motors will not arm with the USB Cable plugged have you tried disconnecting that, also try re calibrating your sticks, it might be that the Naza is not detecting the sticks fully into the start position.

I have adjusted the max/min of the gear servo so I now can switch between Atti and Manual modes. I also re-calibrated the sticks several times, and even tried setting the gains to 150% after calibration. Still no arming.

The LED blinks yellow/amber 4 times in groups now in either mode. I also cannot get it to go into failsafe when I shut off the TX.

I feel like I'm getting closer......

Tim550

I have the same problem!!

Hi moleware.....I'm new to the forum but have had exactly the same problem on a DJI Phantom and new at that! Everything was working fine but slightly unstable as I was trying to fit an ARRIS 2000 gimbal! So I decided to calibrate it but everything appeared fine, then it asked me to upgrade the firmware which I tried but failed! my fault, tried to upgrade with the old client software. When I tried to fly it I had the same problem as you are having. I again tried to upgrade the firmware, this time with the new client and it worked. Everything was calibrated correctly but when I primed the Phantom it goes through it normal startup sequence and then jumps into 4 quick amber flashing lights and just continues to do that! I have tried everything and just cannot get the rotors to start.

I have now given up and chosen to send it to the experts 'Quadcopters UK' They have suggested as a starting point to wipe the firmware and reinstall, but at the moment it is in their capable hands and I hope to hear something back from them this week, so fingers crossed they can crack it, I will let you know the outcome, either way I know its nothing physical as it had been flying prior to the failed firmware upgrade.

Hè guys i also have a f550 with naza (v2) and gps and a spektrum dx7s
I have channel u connected to aux 1 on my receiver (aux1 is a 3way switch the only one)
So you can switch beween man-ATT-attgps (manual is important because it allow you to regain control with a flyaway and yes i lost a f550 because i had my 3way switch on failsafe-manual-gpsatt)
You need to program the failsafe in your receiver when you lose connection it go in to failsafe
I also mix a switch Elo d/r to trigger failsafe
I use the gear switch for IOC (off-homelock)
I will search the internet page on how to program failsafe when tx lost control, but first you need to do is that every thing works fine
Gr.

Tim550

Hi BC-deGraaf, thanks for your reply. In my case I'm not sure this is the case, whilst I have a F550 on order I was describing the problem on a DJI Phantom with Stock controls. It appears to be a NAZA software issue as nothing, absolutely nothing will take it out of the mode it is in with 4 flashing amber lights and no rota start. It might be different for 'moleware' but his problem sounded identical to mine and a bit of a coincidence having a NAZA V2 which is what is in the DJI Phantom as I understand it.

4 flashing lights mean the the naza is warming up.... And when it takes longer than 2 min you need to do a advanced calibration
Thats in the manual.... And it also respons to moleware....

Tim550

Thanks for that, and there lies the problem, it goes on for over 30 minutes and even after multiple advanced calibrations I still have the same problem. I have tried practically everything and I have read the manual inside out, that is why I have sent mine to Quadcopters.co.uk in the hope they can resolve the issue with the NAZA, but thanks again for your input.

moleware

Hi moleware.....I'm new to the forum but have had exactly the same problem on a DJI Phantom and new at that! Everything was working fine but slightly unstable as I was trying to fit an ARRIS 2000 gimbal! So I decided to calibrate it but everything appeared fine, then it asked me to upgrade the firmware which I tried but failed! my fault, tried to upgrade with the old client software. When I tried to fly it I had the same problem as you are having. I again tried to upgrade the firmware, this time with the new client and it worked. Everything was calibrated correctly but when I primed the Phantom it goes through it normal startup sequence and then jumps into 4 quick amber flashing lights and just continues to do that! I have tried everything and just cannot get the rotors to start.

I have now given up and chosen to send it to the experts 'Quadcopters UK' They have suggested as a starting point to wipe the firmware and reinstall, but at the moment it is in their capable hands and I hope to hear something back from them this week, so fingers crossed they can crack it, I will let you know the outcome, either way I know its nothing physical as it had been flying prior to the failed firmware upgrade.

I look forward to your findings, please make sure to post them here!

moleware

HOLY CRAP IT WORKS!!!!! I started following this link: http://www.xflysystems.com/blogs/new...e-for-dji-naza (thanks BC-deGraaf).

Eventually, I power cycled the device following basic and advanced calibration, and it just WORKED!

I have it in Manual mode, and it was blinking RED at the time.

Thank you everyone, I am so freaking happy right now!!! Time to figure out motor rotations, calibrate GPS, and get flying!