Please help with the Rc-Drones Naza FlameGear Landing Gear + GoPro Camera Mount

jackmulti

Questions:
1-how exactly does the Go Pro fit in? How do you mount plate "K"? A pictures would be awesome
2 How do I mount the assembly to a DJI F450 frame? is it possible to mount the landing gear at 90 degrees from how it shows on the picture? meaning, can I have the landing gear mounted so that the protruding tabs on the bottom DJI frame plate are facing forward? that's where my FPV camera is mounted! On all of your pictures the tabs are mounted sideways which doesn't work for me.

thanks for your input.

flyingryno

QuadRYNO
A little bit different approach

I took a different approach utilizing ruber grommets and a simplified mounting method. I will take some pics and post this weekend if you are still looking for help. Let me know

jackmulti

I took a different approach utilizing ruber grommets and a simplified mounting method. I will take some pics and post this weekend if you are still looking for help. Let me know

I managed to mount mine, but if you are willing it would be great to see your pictures. Hopefully my setup is not too far off.

Thx

flyingryno

QuadRYNO
Pics of my setup

jackmulti,

I did not follow their use of standoffs as I am trying to keep the weight low in the quad due to it's propensity to want to tip over on landing. The pictures show the plate connection and then the rubber grommets used to isolate the two parts. I am toying with the lipos being slung on the sides to keep the weight low. Just about every time I have flown it with the gimbal I have broken a blade. So as you can see for me it is keep the weight low in the combined air frame to achieve this. Cheers, Ryan

View attachment 4284View attachment 4285View attachment 4286View attachment 4287View attachment 4288

After reading your initial post I realized you were using the flat cross member. I didn't use that because I felt the other way was a bit more secure and I also felt that it might have some potential clearance issues. No great technical wizardry just gut feeling. Here are the pics of the gopro mount.

View attachment 4291View attachment 4292

Attachments

• MG_6857.jpg
    MG_6857.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 308
  • MG_6858.jpg
    MG_6858.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 302
  • MG_6860.jpg
    MG_6860.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 285
  • MG_6869.jpg