Please Help Me Prop Up My Ego

I just received my AeroSky 550 RC 6 Channel Hexacopter Ready To Fly 2.4 G (Yellow)

It is so far from "Ready To Fly" as to be ridiculous. O.K., I expected to have to do a little assembly before taking off into the Wild BlueYonder, but I did not expect that the first thing I had to do would present a problem. I am referring to mounting the propellers on the motor shafts.

The instruction reads, "Install and tightly secure the propellers according to the diagram (Fig. 1).

If you will refer to Fig. 1, I challenge you to read several of the numbers designating the propellers. They are just black blobs. And even if they could be read, what do the designations mean? The propellers themselves are not numbered so how do you know what goes where? Maybe I'm missing something, but if I am, please tell me what it is. I am very anxious to get something for my four hundred plus dollars. Thank goodness I am already aware of how the switches are set wrong on the transmitter. If I were not I would really be in deep poop.

Many thanks in advance to any kind soul who can set this old fool straight by telling him how to tell which propeller goes where.

tstrike

pendejo grande
The props have a high leading edge, that's the direction it wants to turn. Before you put props on make sure all your motors are turning the right way. If one isn't, unplug any 2 of the 3 esc plugs for that motor and swap them, this will reverse the motors direction.

The props have a high leading edge, that's the direction it wants to turn. Before you put props on make sure all your motors are turning the right way. If one isn't, unplug any 2 of the 3 esc plugs for that motor and swap them, this will reverse the motors direction.

MUCH THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED!

But tell me tstrike, is there a way to tell if the motors are turning the right way without applying power? I suppose not, but I just thought I would ask.

It was the letter-number designations in Fig. 1 that threw me off. When I ignored them I realized it was just a matter of determining which props we CW and which were CCW. Old brains take awhile to get the proper nuerons firing.

XPFTP

That looks like a f550 with beer coolers!
what came 1st??? the DJI or The Clone .... lol

ChrisMohrSr .... But tell me tstrike, is there a way to tell if the motors are turning the right way without applying power?
i seen on here i think it was ... take tape like masking tape .. and rip off a 2 inch long piace. wrap it around the shaft and leave the rest hangin off .. this gives you a way to tell... color one side also may aid in seein the way they spin ..

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
MUCH THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED!

But tell me tstrike, is there a way to tell if the motors are turning the right way without applying power? I suppose not, but I just thought I would ask.

It was the letter-number designations in Fig. 1 that threw me off. When I ignored them I realized it was just a matter of determining which props we CW and which were CCW. Old brains take awhile to get the proper nuerons firing.

You can check motors only with them running but you must run them without the props. I just lihtly touch the spinning motor and that tells me which way they are spinning.

Damn, not looking forward to getting old, luckily I am only 57 so quite young.

Pete