PIXHAWK Failing Internal checks

Paul-H

Hi all

My Pixhawk controller after boot up has a flashing yellow status light which I understand means its failed its pre arm tests.

Anyone got any clue as to what I should be looking for to fix this or does it mean its failed internally.

Thanks for any help

Paul

Paul-H

Thanks for the reply

Trouble is its Giving all sorts of random errors at the moment

Take you pick from the following
Bad GPS Health
Compass errors

Then suddenly it all started working OK but will now not arm even though if I take it outside the status light changes to a flashing green
Arm button is pressed with solid red light but when I move the throttle/YAW stick to lower right to arm it eventually gives two load beeps but will not arm. Not got a video link outside so cannot see any error message that might be displayed.

Not got my wireless link up and running yet, that should be he in a day or 2 so hope to see more info once its outside and connected wirelessly rather than on the window ledge and a USB connection.

Its driving me nuts though as at the moment i can't decide if it faulty or if I am doing something stoopid which is possible as to be honest I am too old to be trying something new and complicated.

Should have stuck to the KK2 at least I understood those things and their limitations.

And the initial problem giving the flashing yellow lights has also gone away for now, only to wait until I fool myself I have it all working.

Paul

cootertwo

Sometimes, there are a few stumbling blocks. Do some reading about Mission Planner setup. There is a way to turn off the pre-arm checks. But in my opinion, they are there for a reason. I live under a giant tree canopy, and sometimes turn off the GPS pre-arm check. I also had a flashing yellow on my Y6, the other day. Brought it inside, connected to Mission Planner, and got a message that the compass was out of wack. THEN, I remembered I had sat it over night, next to my power backup system, for my flat screen TV. I think that messed up the compass. I re-calibrated, and everything was fine. If you do not have the 3DR radio setup, it is almost impossible to get a good compass calibration, with a wire connected to the computer. Too many turns, flips, rolls, etc. etc. to do.

Paul-H

Thanks for the help

I have put it away for the moment and will await delivery of the 3DR radio gear so I can set it up outside and see what's happening on my PC

Hopefully that will be here by the end of he week.

Paul

Paul-H

Managed to get outside today, once the monsoon had subsided, laptop in hand and everything fired up correctly so all looks to be ok. Still too windy to try a test flight but at least I know nothings faulty.

Thanks for all the help guys

Paul