Piclocs for sale

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I have the last three generations of Piclocs for sale. All four are in perfect shape and all function correctly - even the 3X !!

2x Picloc TRv3
1x Picloc 2X
1x PC Dongle for the above
1x Picloc 3XPRO

The Picloc TRv3 is a single axis stabliser, the 2X is for two axes and is basically two TRv3's in one box, and the 3XPRO is for three axes. They all operate in essentially the same way by sensing gravity, attitude change and movement with accelerometers and gyros but with each new generation getting more sophisticated.

058.piclocsforsale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Limited Supply and healthy Demand dictate that the 3X is sold for what it cost. Anyone still interested can PM me.

George has in fact offered to have the unit sent first to him where he will check it out, re-program the Owner name and serial number and then send it direct to the buyer. It has always been a perfectly working unit and never suffered from any of the little PITA things like dried out switch or crappy USB connector. I am selling it because it has been replaced by the CARVEC mount controller on the big heli and it can help recover some of that cost.

I still have one 3X that I will continue to use (for the time being) on the AV200/360 because it gives the Pan option. MK FC is only Tilt and Roll.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The CARVEC attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) is currently (I said "currently" - nudge, wink!) only available for semi-autonomous flight control of single-rotor helicopters. It provides basic flight stabilisation and when GPS and Altitude/Compass modules are added gives dynamic GPS and Altitude Hold, just like everyone is accustomed to in the MR world. CARVEC can be in total control of all surfaces and functions or you can use a separate motor/rotor head speed governor and a dedicated tail gyro control if you prefer.

Various other modules are available for different functions, one of which is the Camera Mount Controller. This is simply a box to accept Pan, Tilt & Roll receiver input and feed it to the servos. It takes its attitude reference data from the main CARVEC system. Once the box and cables are physically installed you follow a rather simple procedure of 'teaching' it servo end-points, centre position and desired axis travel. That is essentially it, other than choices for slew speed or RTH velocity. A Control Channel is set up in the Tx to switch between various operating modes, the most obvious of which are OFF/Manual/Auto.

However, along with its enviable reputation as a control system CARVEC comes at the sort of price that requires a stool and a stiff drink. Furthermore, unfortunately, the Mount Controller is not autonomous, it requires either a dedicated external sensor to feed it attitude data, or the main CARVEC system - both of which are in a different price universe to what the average MR user is accustomed to when looking for a gimbal stabilisation system.

vislaw

Sent another PM (seems my e-mails are not going through due to some sort of block). However, I get your e-mails so please feel free to respond via e-mail or by PM. Thanks. Looking forward to completing the transaction!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I have the last three generations of Piclocs for sale. All four are in perfect shape and all function correctly - even the 3X !!

2x Picloc TRv3
1x Picloc 2X
1x PC Dongle for the above
1x Picloc 3XPRO

The Picloc TRv3 is a single axis stabliser, the 2X is for two axes and is basically two TRv3's in one box, and the 3XPRO is for three axes. They all operate in essentially the same way by sensing gravity, attitude change and movement with accelerometers and gyros but with each new generation getting more sophisticated.

058.piclocsforsale.jpg

Please note that the 3X is SOLD. The 2X and TRv3's are still available.