Phantom USB failure

mbuk

Hi All,

I've done a few searches and seen a few threads about this but none seem to confirm the success of any solutions.

My Phantom has suddenly stopped connecting to the 2 laptops it has previously successful connected to without problem.

Symptoms:
- LED continues to flash for flight ready rather than Steady green
- On WIN 7 Laptop no messages at all, doesn't show in device manager
- On WIN XP Laptop - message saying connected USB device has malfunctioned

What I've tried
- Removing and reloading drivers on both laptops
- Connected direct to micro USB on LED board with different lead
- Various different orders of powering on, connecting etc

My next step will be to order a new LED / MC board (it looks like you can only get both together in the UK so about £40)

Has any one had similar symptoms and successfully solved it with a swap out of the board? if so did you have to replace both LED and MC boards?

Or has anyone any other suggestions?

Luckily I have everything set up as I want at the moment so can still fly but sure I will want to do some config or calibration in the future so would like to solve it.

Thanks

Mike

mbuk

Just in case anyone see's this and has the same issue. Replacing the existing LED/USB module with a NASA V2 LED/USB module has solved the issue in my case.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
For what it's worth I had a few bad pmu units on my nazas. The female connector ripped off the circuit board just from pulling the sub out gently. I always sand off the prongs on my USB connectors just for that reason as they are absolutely not needed to hold it in place securely.