Phantom 2 VISION and VISION+ FPV Glasses from EPSON

vislaw

My buddy and I have been doing tests with the new EPSON BT-200 MOVERIO glasses this past week using both the original Phantom 2 Vision and the new Vision +. Basically, the MOVERIO glasses have an integrated Android 4 controller so you can load the DJI Vision FPV/Telemetry app and have it projected onto the glasses. This gives you a HUD (Heads-Up-Display) so you can monitor the camera feed, operate the camera with the trackpad (that fits in the DJI smartphone holder) and keep line of sight with the Phantom and your surroundings at all times.

You can turn the display off and on with a double tap to the side of the glasses and, with the clip-on sunshade, you can operate in bright afternoon sun.

For more than a year I have used the original version of the MOVERIO system with good results but always with a regret that the glasses were rather heavy and bulky. EPSON has dramatically reduced the weight and form factor and have significantly brightened the display so that it is a very capable FPV system. Unfortunately, unlike the original version that accepted a composite video in (so I could use them with any FPV setup), this new version only works with the DJI Android app and, thus, only with the P2 Vision products. It is possible an update will allow us to have a separate video input, but for now these are exclusively for VISION owners.

Those interested in this solution can purchase via the prelaunch website HERE.

My review of the BT-200 is HERE.

View attachment 18016

Attachments

• EPSON.jpg
    EPSON.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 411
Last edited by a moderator:

photobobga

Your review is not available... Question, can you configure the MOVERIO to work with a 'standard' video downlink? Has anyone tested the Google Glass with the same requirements?

Last edited by a moderator: