Phantom 2 Gimbal question

Topflight

I have a Phantom 2, setting it up with Assistant 3.2 The gimbal switch shows "off" in assistant and I can't find any place to turn it on. Where is this done? Thanks

Tahoe Ed

I have a Phantom 2, setting it up with Assistant 3.2 The gimbal switch shows "off" in assistant and I can't find any place to turn it on. Where is this done? Thanks

The only gimbal supported is the HD-3D and the older HD-2D. That was changed a few versions of the firmware ago.

Topflight

The only gimbal supported is the HD-3D and the older HD-2D. That was changed a few versions of the firmware ago.

Thanks or the response. I have the HD-3D gimbal. I reloaded the firmware and now the assistant software shows that the gimbal is on. That problem is solved. The gimbal keeps the camera level, but now the switch on the back of the transmitter doesn't move the camera. When I go to the assistant program, I don't see the slide bar moving when I move the switch on the back of the transmitter. Thoughts?

Tahoe Ed

Thanks or the response. I have the HD-3D gimbal. I reloaded the firmware and now the assistant software shows that the gimbal is on. That problem is solved. The gimbal keeps the camera level, but now the switch on the back of the transmitter doesn't move the camera. When I go to the assistant program, I don't see the slide bar moving when I move the switch on the back of the transmitter. Thoughts?

Calibrate the Tx in Phantom RC Assistant then calibrate X1 in the Phantom Assistant. If that does not work, check the connection of the lever, shaft and pot in the Tx to see if they are properly engaged. Some guys have had to put washers under the tx pcb to make the connection more secure.

Topflight

Calibrate the Tx in Phantom RC Assistant then calibrate X1 in the Phantom Assistant. If that does not work, check the connection of the lever, shaft and pot in the Tx to see if they are properly engaged. Some guys have had to put washers under the tx pcb to make the connection more secure.

Checked the shaft and it is not making contact with the pot. Added washers and it still won't reach. Compared the pot to the one next to it and its not near the same level. Can't add anymore washers or the handle won't have anything to attach to. Talked to a friend of mine and he had the same issue. He ended purchasing another pot from EBay and wired it in.

Topflight

Checked the shaft and it is not making contact with the pot. Added washers and it still won't reach. Compared the pot to the one next to it and its not near the same level. Can't add anymore washers or the handle won't have anything to attach to. Talked to a friend of mine and he had the same issue. He ended purchasing another pot from EBay and wired it in.

Update: I purchased a 5 ohm potentiometer from radio shack and replaced the one that was in the radio. Works good now