Phantom 2 and Jeti DC-16 Tx: Conversion

Why do this?:

• The Phantom 2 is a great platform for the H3-2D
  • A Tx should match the quality of the aircraft ;-)
  • Phantom flight time... I love it
  • at last - an aircraft that has some control over its battery...
  • Better control of gimbal tilt
  • Telemetry - I like to know my Rx and Tx signal strengths
  • Telemetry - if I lose it I want a GPS coord (not from iOSD)
  • Satellite Rx
  • I fly one Tx for all aircraft
  • One of my DJI Txs failed
  • AA batteries? Not really

Video here (captioned)

Last edited by a moderator:

hexa

Interesting. Can you tell me your setup? Are you using a jeti rsat ppm rx in the ph2? If so how did you by pass the no ppm support in the ph2 assistant app.

Like to know as I have the same radio but can not use it with ph2 no ppm support

plingboot

Hi, just looked at your clip and would like a bit more info on how you've connected up the R9 and get the P2 to see it.

I've been trying to do this since december - without any luck.

If you could detail the way you've installed the R9 and set it up, you can't quite imagine how bloody happy i'd be.

hexa

2 ways you can do that, I described both...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what location in the video did you describe both? Why hide how you done it.
Are you expecting to earn 1 million euros for this info

Nothing more than a fake made just to waste peoples time.

Duck out!!

plingboot

The other video with the R10 and A2, does seem to be genuine.

However, PPM out on an R9 isn't currently available - coming in the next firmware update - and the phantom 2 assistant seems to be showing the connection type as sbus - which isn't currently supported (and there are no future plans either).

maybe SPY will be along to clear things up…

hexa

Sorry my apologies to six prop. He sent me pm. On the 10th only saw it today. He is using a pwn to sbus adopter. Dji makes an expensive one for the A2 and futaba also makes one.

I think am going to go the fc swap to naza v2 route. That way I'll have iPad, hight limit , and ppm support.

plingboot

SUCCESS here too!!!

Ive been using a futaba SBE-1 sbus adaptor - which is about £100 less than the DJI unit - I had all channels working except X1 which appeared to be dead in the Phantom 2 Assistant.

In a last ditch attempt today, I clicked X1 calibrate and the channel suddenly sprung to life.

ALL channels now seem to be working correctly.

Need to spend some time tidying in things up and taking photos - which I'll post later - but next step, when the rain and wind stop is a tentative test flight.

Much happier today.

Guys I did it summat like this... been adding telemetry hence sorry for delay

All you need is Futaba's excellent little PWM to S-BUS converter (or DJI's own D BUS Adaptor, but Futaba is cheaper)

Then find some nooks and crannies in the PH2

http://youtu.be/ltRfk0OeaHE