PH Hero 3000 gimbal "caught on film"!

jes1111

http://www.radflight.com/fleet.html

So PH have some working units out there already! That's encouraging news. It sure does look good :)

Also, this bit of interesting info on PH's website - hadn't noticed it before, or did it appear recently?
The Hero 3D is powered with a Harmonic Drive and Maxon brushless motors

IMO, this is the way forward for high-end gimbals (at this end of the market) in terms of torque to weight ratio. Harmonic drive is relatively light and compact - and zero backlash. Expensive, though!

A gimbal like this should also find a market in the film industry. It's not far off this:

http://filmotechnic.com/eng/equipment/80.html
View attachment 5912

Attachments

• CloseCC.jpg
    CloseCC.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 434

Kilby

Man, that thing is a MONSTER! That DSLR looks tiny on there. I hadn't realized the gimbal would be that large. Honestly, it makes the Zenmuse seem that much more appealing to me since it's fitted to the cameras it carries so much more. I suppose you can carry a larger camera with this, like a Red, but I have no desire or need for such a thing.

-Terry

3dheliguy

That company is interesting tho. I have heard so much about them, cuz there in my area, but I feel a lot of Apple PR going on here. Just like so many companies looking to make a name for themselves, by saying there the first or there the pioneer of something. I saw these photos awhile back... I'm not impressed at all. I'm not saying anything bad about photohigher, there an innovative company just sad to see a company showing off there product like that, and obviously no video hint hint!

So I would like to say to rad flight nice photos, but your not the only game in town, and your not Apple computers. Just enjoy what you got but it's not the equipment that gets the best shots it's the pilots behind the wheel and the most efficient setups with a great photographer that gets those shots.

Bragging is easy, results are a totally different ball game.

3dheliguy

Also I was wondering in the first post 3D, are they trying to lift two cameras at one time? If so does anybody have a motor ESC combination for that setup? I hope there not trying to lift epics.

But I got the feeling they are, so what I was thinking is why not simplify the process for them. All you need to do since battery tech isn't there yet, and current frame design is still being based around DSLRs, get an extension cord build a socket into your distro board and plug the extension cord in from the wall, given you might need to step the current Down a hair, but hay I would pay to watch.

3dheliguy

No, sorry I miss understood your question. I'm right next to Radflight based out of Huntington Beach Ca, the only guys I have seen with this particular gimbal design from photo higher on there website. I wish I lived next to the Photohigher guys, maybe I could get a discount and or at least be a test pilot dummy thing. He he...

The Photohigher guys are in New Zealand. I would be camping out in back of there shop lol.

HexCam

Man, I wonder how much those systems are. Someone should try a DIY gimbal with those drives ... ;)
We are... :) Going to be a while though. Our partner company is releasing direct drive gimbals for GoPro Hero 3 and Nex class cameras in March/April. I've only seen the CADs though.
We are working on a design for the bigger cameras people keep asking us to fly!