Permission to fly within 10m of the public and to 600ft

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Last year the CAA in the UK stated that they would introduce a new safety case system whereby people could get year long permissions to operate with less restrictions than those stipulated in the Air Navigation Order (normally 50m separation distance and 400ft vertical).

We have just had our safety case approved (the first to do so) and in it we have been approved to fly a 20kg aircraft:

In congested areas
To within 10m of public and property not in control of the pilot
Up to 600ft AGL
Day or night

There are some operational limitations I have to stick to in order to achieve this but this is seriously good news and will enable many more places we can collect data from. Next year it should be just a case of asking for a renewal ie a lot less work I hope. Chuffed to bits with this.

henrysj

Congrats that's great work... Did you head through Resource Group or Eurousc for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzz_Roavr

Brilliant stuff Angus, I can really appreciate how much hard work this has been for you and your team. Great stuff. @henrysj this is carried out by the operator not a qualified entity.

ZAxis

Great news. This is exactly what I'm going to need to include in my case too. Glad to hear progress is being made.
Lec

Old Man

Just for giggles. In the context used miles was appropriate since US was referenced:). A U.S. pilot shifting to the metric system? What's the would coming to?;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk