Panorama Tips

vispaaja

vispaaja - that is one of the coolest things i have seen from a multi - well done. inspired!

Thanks, shot them with a good friend of mine. He has over a decade of experience in panorama photography and I started with RC helis about 7 years ago. I'm building and maintaining our fleet and he edits the pictures :)

hexacop

HexaCop
Some time ago I had posted this short guide how to make air panoramas...
The panorama above made at Olypiapark Munich was recorded with the Panasonic GF1 and the 8mm lens.
But you could do a panorama even with a normal lens, like I did here Powerplant Etzenhausen, recorded with the Nex5 and the 16mm lens.
The downside of using a non fisheye lens is that you need more pictures, it takes longer to record and to align the images but you also get better quality and resolution if you are able to do it right...
Sometimes I even use to swap and reuse the sky pictures made on the ground.
ie. this panorama Powerplant Brenntenberg was shot on another day more than 120km away from the first one, but is using the same sky ;-)
I stitch and blend my panoramas with PTgui and usually use Photoshop only in post to do some color / contrast corrections.
As mentioned already set your camera to manual mode and use RAW format.

hugh4g

Hexacop, those panos look excellent, I use PtGui too… Its an excellent stitcher, then wrap 'em in Pano2VR.

I shoot a lot of ground based panoramas, and was looking at the photoshipone MP360 http://photoshipone.com/mp360/. Has anyone here any experience with this bit of kit?

Thanks in advance...

Hugh