Panorama mount ( automatic trigerring )

I am in the process of construction of the pano mount which is gonna be similar to photoshipone MP 360 as it is gonna have the automatic trigerring at the predefined positions.
The plan is the following :
We are going to use micro switch for automatic triggering at pre defined positions ( 4 and 6 positions ) as we do not want to cause any magnetic interference on FC board by using magnets. We are going to try with 1:3 or 1:4 pan ratio. The mount will have L- profile for mounting the camera for panoramic shooting but the mount will be upgradable and in the future we are also planing to make the addittional gimbal which can be mounted just by removing L profile so it can be used also for taking video.
So with automatic triggering all you need to do is to press the buton and while the mount is rotating it will be taking photos at the pre defined positions ( you just need to have IR switch from gentled ).
The drawing is still not complete as we are waiting for some bearings and We are still waiting for the bearings and gears and when that arrives we can finalize the drawing. But I will show you the drawing at this moment !
We want it to be smooth and precise and we are going to use combination of flange bearings and thrust ball bearings. The movement of the camera can be practically infinite as the cables will go through hollow shaft that goes through the bearings ! This version of the mount will not have legs as with fisheye lense they would be always there. I always fly my copter by letting it off the hand and catching it in the hand when landing !
Any comments ar welcomed !View attachment 2841View attachment 2842

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 321

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Isnt this over kill? What would be different from just slowly yawing the heli and put the camera in multiple frame shooting mode? You are going to stitch the photos in post anyways and even with a 360 gimbal you would need to be able to hold the heading perfectly to use this effectively. I guess thats possible but I would think just going at a slow rate would yield enough overlap to process a successful image from. Just an idea.

Thank you for the comment !
I think that this way is much easier and more practical than yawing. I do not feel comfortable when yawing and especially when on the great height. Not all of the people with multirotors have gps and navy installed and also if there is some wind and when yawing the copter always tends to change its original position and then you have a lot of problems with stiching.
Photoshipone made this product and they are sold for the next 2 months at the price of 699, they do not even accept the orders. Their mount is called MP360.
With this mount you can go as high as you want and you just press the button and you get hassle free photos for 360 interactive panoramas .
I was planning to make one for myself and then if it turns out to be the winner I could also sell some to cover some expenses at very compettive and attractive price.

I was also thinking of U profile with the legs on the bottom so you do not have to catch it in hand.
So that option is also feasible only the problem is fishey 8mm lense and getting the legs in the shot !

Comments appreciated !

hugh4g

Interesting device... as a panorama shooter (on land, using an Absolute 360 Head, built like the proverbial Brick Sh*t House) more shots would be interesting, up to 8 and 12....And it needs to be big enough to hold a good point'n'squirt camera too.....

I suspect all sorts of difficulties though...

Best

Hugh