Orthophoto of an AMA flying field

Talon Six

I'm continuing to mess around with Agisoft Photoscan and my Inspire. This is a compressed orthophoto of an AMA flying field in Newport News, Virginia made from ~70 individual photos. The mission was flown at 200' AGL at around 20mph.

I used DroneDeploy to program and execute the photo capture mission on the Inspire, Lightroom to make batch lens corrections, Photoscan to build and export the orthomosiac, and Lightroom once again to polish up the final result.

Sorry for the low res, but I'm still looking for a photo hosting service that will allow 30-50MB orthophotos. The original unprocessed export file sitting here on my desktop is 73MB!

24638459853_2233c04bbd_k.jpg

Todd Pals

Very cool and great job! It might be worth a look at Dennis Baldwin on YouTube. He has done a lot with Ortho's including helping out with a free project people are working on to automate everything you did.

Again, that is really cool.

Booda

Very cool and great job! It might be worth a look at Dennis Baldwin on YouTube. He has done a lot with Ortho's including helping out with a free project people are working on to automate everything you did.

Again, that is really cool.

I'm really interested in this myself. I have downloaded Dennis app dronepan but as far as I know still in beta.

You know if he's going to continue with his app?

I agree nice job talon

I'm continuing to mess around with Agisoft Photoscan and my Inspire. This is a compressed orthophoto of an AMA flying field in Newport News, Virginia made from ~70 individual photos. The mission was flown at 200' AGL at around 20mph.

I used DroneDeploy to program and execute the photo capture mission on the Inspire, Lightroom to make batch lens corrections, Photoscan to build and export the orthomosiac, and Lightroom once again to polish up the final result.

Sorry for the low res, but I'm still looking for a photo hosting service that will allow 30-50MB orthophotos. The original unprocessed export file sitting here on my desktop is 73MB!

24638459853_2233c04bbd_k.jpg
Agisoft is legit. Curious to know what you think of DroneDeploy's orthos? I have had pretty solid results with their service but I am also looking at Pix4D.

Talon Six

I'm not paying for DroneDeploy, so I can't speak to how their paid service orthos look, but here's a freebie version of the above photo. The free resolution is 5cm/pixel:

Overall I like the DroneDeploy app, but I wish there was an offline flight planning feature like Maps Made Easy.